easys GNU/Linux 4.2 released

Christian Dersch

Sep 28, 2008, 2:36:46 PM9/28/08
to easys...@googlegroups.com
We are pleased to announce the release of easys GNU/Linux 4.2 which
ships the latest KDE Desktop (version 4.1.1) and so makes use of QT4.
QT3/KDE3-Apps can still be launched with a compat library.

The previous office suite Softmaker Office has been replaced by
KOffice which offers enhancements and new functionality like a
presentation program. The current version (3.0.1) of the Firefox web
browser is included.

In addition, we have updated other applications like the ALICE system
management framework to 0.9.17 and the installation environment YaLI.

easys GNU/Linux is fully compatible with Slackware 12.1 and can be
extended using the graphical 'pkgmanager' or the well known Slackware
pkgtools.

Best Regards
Christian

asanabria6910