Installer explodes

Larry

Sep 29, 2008, 3:16:14 AM9/29/08
to easys-users
Don't think my iso file is bad but ALICE is unable to extract
the /~/~/*.kbd file from /~/~/install.dat? Does this sound right?
Didn't
write it down but something like that. Box is 8I865 (ICH5) with E6600
C2 duo. DVD is on IDE /dev/hdc and two seagates on /dev/sda and
/dev/sdb. Have swap partitions at sda3 and sdb2. 2gb ram/Nvidia/
atheros.
Frugal/Vector/Sidux installed ok. ALICE freaks out and aborts exactly
at the
point that it starts to copy files. Beats me. Bogus iso?

Larry

Marcus Moeller

Sep 29, 2008, 2:42:34 PM9/29/08
to easys...@googlegroups.com
Dear Larry.

This has been reported by someone else on a 64bit box, too. We are
going to re-check this. Could you please send us an lspci output?

Best Regards
Marcus

Larry

Sep 29, 2008, 3:21:23 AM9/29/08
to easys-users

Also, have Reiserfs (3.6?) on all other partitions.

Christian Dersch

Sep 29, 2008, 2:34:51 PM9/29/08
to easys...@googlegroups.com

2008/9/29 Larry <double-o...@graffiti.net>

Hello Larry!

I've tested the iso at 3 computers and in VirtualBox and qemu, it worked fine. But one of my friends has got the same problem, the cd works at my computer, at his computer it doesn't work. I'll sent your mail to the developer of YaLI/ALICE.

Christian