Not holding password

beeasy

Sep 29, 2008, 7:55:50 AM9/29/08
to easys-users
Hi I installed Easyos and everything went perfectly, but the problem
is its not "keeping" my password. When I reboot to the login screen
and click my username and then enter my password it just gives me the
"login failed" message and I am definitely entering the correct
password - any suggestion.

BTW - I have re-installed it twice and it keeps occuring.

TIA

Christian Dersch

Sep 29, 2008, 2:37:48 PM9/29/08
to easys...@googlegroups.com

2008/9/29 beeasy <beliv...@gmail.com>

So if the problem is reproducable, can you tell me your setting (language, keyboard)? I'll test it, that the bug can be fixed.

Christian

stretchedthin

Oct 1, 2008, 5:45:56 PM10/1/08
to easys-users
I've just finished installing and I also had the same problem. I
could not sign in as user as well. I was however able to sign in as
root, using the root password I had given it during set-up.

From there I went into the KDE User Manager tool and saw that my user
info that was given during set-up did not take. I was able to set a
new user password from there, I just kept the default easys user name.