coturn ubuntu 18

Hannes van der Merwe

Jul 13, 2019, 10:57:04 AM7/13/19
to EasyRTC
Good day

I found your easyRTC and have it running on a public ubuntu 18 server. And I have ssl running.

The demo works well if both devices is on the wifi but fails to connect when I switch my phone to mobile data.

So I understand that I need a ICE server. So I installed coturn.

I an very new to RTC, and simply want to get the p2p working across networks.

I added this to the bottom of the server_ssl.js file:

var myIceServers = [
  {"url":"stun:129.232.155.52:8443"},
  {
    "url":"turn:129.232.155.52:8443",
    "username":   'mars',
    "credential": "*****"
  },
  {
    "username":   'mars',
    "credential": "****"
  }
];

easyrtc.setOption("appIceServers", myIceServers);

I am unsure where the easyrtc.on("getIceConfig", function(connectionObj, callback) should be added.

Any change you can assist?

Regards
Hannes