easyrtc not working on gcloud

dawniam...@pektos.com

Aug 17, 2017, 5:26:45 AM8/17/17
to EasyRTC
I don't really know what's the error in here but i migrated from heroku to gcloud everything seems fine and great until i migrated to gcloud and everthing is messed up . Now when everytime i created a room on my software my client can't see the room i created. So what exactly is the error here or is google blocking my socket? please help me with this guys. Kindly . Best Regards and More Power

Eric Davies

Aug 17, 2017, 11:30:17 AM8/17/17
to EasyRTC
is the client successfully connecting to your nodejs server? Do you see a websocket in the network panel of the browser developer pane? [reload the page after opening up the developer pane or you won't see it even if it is there]

DawniaM...@pektos.com

Aug 18, 2017, 10:29:45 PM8/18/17
to EasyRTC
It has an error that say Error in WebScoket Handshake error code 501

Eric Davies

Aug 21, 2017, 11:36:01 AM8/21/17
to EasyRTC
so the answer is that something on gcloud is messing up websockets.
A bit of googling indicates that gcloud doesn't support secure websockets.
In short, gcloud isn't a viable platform for websocket based signaling servers such as easyrtc.