easyRTC multistream not workin from Firefox to Chrome or Chrome to Firefox

Vibhor Saxena

Nov 28, 2017, 1:11:04 PM11/28/17
to EasyRTC
Hi,

I am using easyrtc for my existing app and added screenshare while the call is going on. I implemented it adding multistreams and it works fine with FF to FF or Chrome to Chrome.
But not working with cross browsers ( Second stream get never displayed on remote side). I debug and found that on the remote side "streamAcceptor" function was called only once when call starts up but not when we add the screen stream this happens only in cross browsers. Could anyone please suggest?

Thanks,
Vibhor

T. Borck

Mar 20, 2018, 7:22:24 AM3/20/18
to EasyRTC
Hey Vibhor,

I'm using Vivaldi and Chrome to 'test' my easyrtc app and get the same issue (mostly). All calls between Vivaldi-Vivaldi and Chrome-Chrome are working fine, but calls Vivaldi-Chrome doesn't.

Currently my streamacceptor looks like this:
function streamacceptor(id, stream, name) {
    const container = document.getElementById('container')
    const video = document.createElement('video')
    container.appendChild(video)
    easyrtc.setVideoObjectSrc(video, stream)
}

Just did some 'testing' and found out that, if I add a console.log(some rubbish) at the first line of my function, it works as expected. Moving this console.log to another position within that function will lead back to the incorrect working acceptor...

In my setup the 'caller' has two video streams, which will be displayed (or not) at the receiving client like follows:
  • console.log as first line -> both streams are shown
  • console.log as last line -> first stream is shown, no more calls of streamacceptor
  • console.log somewhere within the function -> first stream is shown, no more calls of streamacceptor
  • no console.log -> no streamacceptor calls
  • adding a semicolon at first line of code -> first stream is shown, no more calls of streamacceptor
  • adding const x=name at first line -> both streams are shown
Perhaps you can try this...eh...workaround(?) 'til someone shows us our mistake or confirms this as a bug.

Greetings,
Thomas

T. Borck

Mar 20, 2018, 8:58:38 AM3/20/18
to EasyRTC
Well... After many attempts, I come to the conclusion: my 'workaround' didn't work.

After a lot of repeating the same flow (login, connect to easyrtc, call user) I ended up with the same issue as before, just less often.

Greetings,
Thomas

lokesh menta

Jun 6, 2018, 2:27:30 AM6/6/18
to EasyRTC
i am new to easyrtc. i tried demo example of screensharing. I got Localmediastream error. please help me!