Questions about audio-only multiparty chat questions in easyRTC

n...@natkuhn.com

Oct 14, 2017, 8:43:31 PM10/14/17
to EasyRTC

I am building a web app which will include multi-party audio chat, no video at all. I have several questions, not sure whether I should ask together or split them up, but, well, here they are.

  1. Do I really need a <video> element? In the audio-only demo, there is a comment in the HTML saying Note... this demo should be updated to remove video references. The <video>element is passed to setVideoObjectSrc. It seems to work, but is there a more natural way to do this?

  2. If using <video> elements, do I need a separate <video> element for each party I am connected to? It would be great not to have to add these to the DOM.

  3. With 4 parties, there will be 4*3/2 = 6 audio channels. With 5 parties (likely my practical max for my application), there will be 10. I am a little worried that this may generate extra echo. Does anyone have experience with this, or suggestions?

Many thanks for any help!