Install and Support Videos

Rod Apeldoorn

Dec 17, 2012, 12:37:49 PM12/17/12
We're working on getting some videos out highlighting the installation and use of easyRTC...

Installation Videos:

I'll try to keep this post updated with the latest videos. You can also checkout the Priologic video channel to see if we have any more.

Feel free to comment with requests or suggestions.

- Rod Apeldoorn - Priologic Software Inc

Frédéric NERET

Dec 18, 2012, 5:09:19 PM12/18/12
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rod,

Just a few questions about Our Four-Way Video Conference Demo

Is every participant watch the 4 videos, or only the master?

Will you publish some scripts about these demo...?

Thank you,

Regards,

Fred.

Rod Apeldoorn

Dec 18, 2012, 6:38:45 PM12/18/12
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hey Fred,

We held off on releasing the four-way conference demo because it functions properly only in Chrome Canary... and even so it will often lead to an 'Oh Snap!'.

In the demo itself, each person does see all other participants so it truly is a conference call. Each participant has a peer connection to all other participants.

As you can imagine, this required each participant to have a more modern computer capable of encoding and decoding multiple simultaneous streams. The real challenge was bandwidth related. Prior to Chrome 24, there was no way to limit the bandwidth of a video stream.

It was a cool demonstration, but not really usable by the masses.

Rod Apeldoorn, Priologic Software Inc.

Jason Noorman

Dec 20, 2012, 5:04:26 AM12/20/12
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rod,

I have installed and setup easyRTC in both a Mac (dev) and AWS (Linux AMI supporting node.js server) environments using both the development and Google STUN server.

The challenge I am having in both environments is that when the clients are on the same side of the router ie. 10.0.0.x all the demos work well.

However, when I try to connect two internet clients (both behind internet different gateways) by hitting the demo page hosted on AWS (Google STUN) you can see status update and change (registration works) and if you click connect the accept incoming connection nothing happens.  I used a couple network probes to see that when client traffic is being returned it is being sent to the local private address of other clients NIC rather then returning via NAT to the other client.  If I put both clients behind the same router and use the external AWS server, it works.

Have I missed something in the configuration to respond on the NAT address?

Thanks, Jason.

Rod Apeldoorn

Dec 20, 2012, 12:27:32 PM12/20/12
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jason,

While the browsers are just beginning to support it, WebRTC utilizes ICE (Interactive Connectivity Establishment) to establish connections. STUN works for ~90%, but for some users behind certain NATs and firewalls, a TURN server may be required.

While there are free public STUN servers, TURN is another story as it's much more costly bandwidth-wise.

For those developing in a situation where they can't use outside STUN servers, we do include a stun server within the easyRTC server (enabled within config.js).

For casual developers, I'd be hesitant at this time to recommend using a TURN server as the specs for their implementation is still not set.

One thing to check is if you can use the Google apprtc demo app using the same clients.

-Rod Apeldoorn, Priologic Software Inc.

adriandro

May 6, 2013, 4:07:17 AM5/6/13
to eas...@googlegroups.com
I have been tried the tutorial like in videos (Quick and dirty easyRTC Windows 7 Instal) but this is not working for me ... .
thanks.. .