MSBUILD : error MSB3428

Robin Robin

Mar 28, 2013, 5:43:43 AM3/28/13
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I wanted to play around with easyrtc to look for it's possibilities. I tested easyrtc on my local machine and the demo's are working fine!

When I try to install easyrtc on a remote webserver (windows server 2008 r2) I get successfully all packages but when installing I get an MSBUILD error, and I don't get it.
I have .NET 4.5 installed, but I don't know what it has to do with easyrtc or nodejs as it is a javascript library? Of course I don't have Visual Studio installed on the server.

my error:

npm http 200 https://registry.npmjs.org/zeparser/-/zeparser-0.0.5.tgz
npm http 200 https://registry.npmjs.org/options/-/options-0.0.3.tgz
npm http 200 https://registry.npmjs.org/tinycolor/-/tinycolor-0.0.1.tgz

> w...@0.4.25 install C:\..path...\node_modules\sock
et.io\node_modules\socket.io-client\node_modules\ws
> (node-gyp rebuild 2> builderror.log) || (exit 0)

C:\..path...\node_modules\socket.io\node_modules\s
ocket.io-client\node_modules\ws>node "C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\b
in\node-gyp-bin\\..\..\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.js" rebuild
Building the projects in this solution one at a time. To enable parallel build,
please add the "/m" switch.
MSBUILD : error MSB3428: Could not load the Visual C++ component "VCBuild.exe".
 To fix this, 1) install the .NET Framework 2.0 SDK, 2) install Microsoft Visua
l Studio 2005 or 3) add the location of the component to the system path if it
is installed elsewhere.  [C:\..path...\node_modul
es\socket.io\node_modules\socket.io-client\node_modules\ws\build\binding.sln]
MSBUILD : error MSB3428: Could not load the Visual C++ component "VCBuild.exe".
 To fix this, 1) install the .NET Framework 2.0 SDK, 2) install Microsoft Visua
l Studio 2005 or 3) add the location of the component to the system path if it
is installed elsewhere.  [C:
\..path...\node_modul
es\socket.io\node_modules\socket.io-client\node_modules\ws\build\binding.sln]

win...@0.6.2 node_modules\winston
+-- cy...@1.0.2
+-- ey...@0.1.8
+-- col...@0.6.0-1
+-- stack...@0.0.6
+-- as...@0.1.22
+-- pkg...@0.2.3
+-- req...@2.9.203

exp...@3.0.6 node_modules\express
+-- met...@0.0.1
+-- fr...@0.1.0
+-- cookie-s...@0.0.1
+-- range-...@0.0.4

Robin Robin

Mar 28, 2013, 5:48:43 AM3/28/13
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Maybe usefull to tell: when I go to my-ip:8080 I can access the server. I can even start the simple audio-video demo (the one I want to play with), I can load the video source without problems, but when I try to connect to the other client nothing happens. The debug possibility from easyrtc didn't help me further. I gues the problem is related to the error during installation.

Eric Davies

Mar 28, 2013, 5:47:12 PM3/28/13
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robin,

We've never tried an install on Windows Server. Sounds like you were missing some libraries that are normally present on the current versions of Windows desktop. I seem to recall similar (but much fewer) problems when I did an install onto Windows XP home.

Regarding your clients being unable to connect to each other, I'm wondering if your two clients are on different subnets that are having trouble reaching other (due to firewalls or symmetric nats).

 Suggestion 1: try running two copies of your favorite client in a single browser, each in a different window or tab. If that is successful, you can rule out problem as being related to the error during installation.

 Suggestion 2: trying running your two clients from our demo website (http://demo.easyrtc.com). If your two clients still have problems connecting, it's a pretty safe bet you've got network challenges that will require a TURN server or a  local stun server.

Eric

Robin Robin

Mar 29, 2013, 4:37:00 AM3/29/13
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric

Strange I didn't try that before, but I indeed can connect two clients over the netwerk (over the remote server) within the same browser. The demo's are working well.

Could it be because of a problem with socket.io? I had the problem easyrtc couldn't find it. Installing socket.io from within node.js didn't solve it because it was on the wrong location and there was no file with the filename 'socket.io.js'. I solved this like this:

In the html-file of the demo you want to use add a dot " . " before the reference to socket.io.js (it will look then like this: <script src="./socket.io/socket.io.js"
></script>
Then I created a folder called 'socket.io' in the demo folder (same folder where the html-files are located). In that folder I pasted the socket.io.js library (I included it in attachement, you can download it elsewhere from the internet to).

But maybe that single file is nog enough if I want to have easyrtc on a remote server?

Thanks for your help