EasyRTC server accepting and redistributing streams from multiple Raspberry Pi's (Gstreamer + Janus)

Tomek Augustyn

Sep 25, 2015, 8:15:24 AM9/25/15
to EasyRTC
Has anyone got an experience and/or success in setting up EasyRTC accepting and redistributing streams from multiple Raspberry Pi's (Gstreamer + Janus)?
I'd be super grateful for any references or resources.

Rod Apeldoorn

Sep 26, 2015, 4:43:02 AM9/26/15
to EasyRTC
Janus, being a WebRTC endpoint would need to have an EasyRTC client adapter written for it before it could connect to EasyRTC server. We've done it for other WebRTC gateways, so it's certainly possible, but it is a decent sized chunk of work.

We have a bunch of Pi's floating around and have had success with a few different implementations, installing both the server and a client... however I wouldn't suggest using it to push out multiple streams.

Rod Apeldoorn,
EasyRTC Server Lead,

Tomek Augustyn

Sep 28, 2015, 3:18:08 AM9/28/15
to EasyRTC
Thanks Rod. I didn't mean using Pi to push out multiple streams – the server would sit on AWS and accept streams from various Pi's (located around the world), and republish them one site. Would you have any hints on how to set up this? Doesn't need to use Janus at all, if you can suggest anything else.

Regards!

Eric Davies

Sep 28, 2015, 11:17:04 AM9/28/15
to EasyRTC
EasyRTC only supports a full mesh model, which means peers only send their media streams to other peers, not to servers.
If you need greater fan out than what your hardware (a RPi) supports with a full mesh model, then you need to look at a system which supports an SFU (Selective Forwarding Unit) or a Media Server. If you search this group, you'll find other posts about this, including lists of such severs.