getLocalStream() - how to obtain video / audio only access

Angel Todorov

Apr 30, 2015, 5:03:48 AM4/30/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
I am wondering if I can obtain video / audio access when I call either initMediaSource() or getLocalStream() methods? I am aware about enableCamera / enableAudio methods, however, in either case, when initMediaSource is called, the browser itself ask for both video and audio access. It becomes a bit confusing for the end user, when for instance the application just need access to video to make a snapshot - the user asks (with reason I believe) - "If you want to make me a snapshot, why do you need an access to my mic, for god's sake?"
So is it possible to solve that and if yes - how?

Best Regards,
Angel

Eric Davies

Apr 30, 2015, 10:44:25 AM4/30/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at the video_only demo and the audio_only demo.

Angel Todorov

May 2, 2015, 5:18:55 PM5/2/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Eric