How to combine PHP script(for login session) and Node.Js(easyRTC) ?

FADHO'IL Pamuji

Jan 17, 2017, 6:36:02 AM1/17/17
to EasyRTC
Hi guys,
I use CI framework for login session and user managed. i want to combine with Node.js for easyRTC, but node.js cant run with .php script.. Please tell me what should i do?

Eric Davies

Jan 17, 2017, 11:18:29 AM1/17/17
to EasyRTC
WebRTC in general does not appreciate page reloading. When a page is reloaded, it loses all its previous resources (media streams and peer connections). If you are doing the usual PHP thing of "reload the entire page every time something trivial happens", then forget about using WebRTC.

If you are aren't reloading the entire page, then you can probably run NodeJs along side your PHP server. There is a document all about doing that. See https://easyrtc.com/docs/easyrtc_with_other_servers.php

If you want something that stays in the PHP world, look for a webrtc toolkit based on PHP. I don't know if there is one but WebRTC has been around for a few years now, so you'd expect somebody to have written one.