EasyRTC v1.0.12 - socket.io error

Angel Todorov

Sep 19, 2014, 4:28:43 AM9/19/14
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
After upgrade to 1.012, I have got following error - visible in my console:

"Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'apply' of undefined " - socket.io.js:873

Please see enclosed screenshot.

Line 873 of socket.io.js is:

fn.apply(this, packet.data);

At the moment when exception has been thrown from line 873 on socket.io.js file, fn points to function ackhandler(response) - line 2851 of easyrtc.js file.

Could you please provide some feedback on the issue?

Thanks in advance,
Angel
socket.io.error.png

Eric Davies

Sep 21, 2014, 12:44:00 AM9/21/14
to eas...@googlegroups.com
the line in socket io reads:
      fn.apply(this, packet.data);
You've already reported that the fn has an apparently valid value. If this is true, that would suggest that the error message could be misleading, that the problem is either the "this" is null packet.data is null.
You've already set up a breakpoint so you could examine fn, it should be easy to check the other two as well. Given that you do server programming, I'm going to guess that you've changed something so that packet.data isn't being set appropriately.

If you can reproduce the problem with unmodified server code and some client code, send me the example client code and I'll see what I spot.
Otherwise, it's something you'll need to take up with Rod (aka the EasyRTC server lead).

Angel Todorov

Sep 23, 2014, 3:47:04 AM9/23/14
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,
I am not sure I follow you and I would appreciate some more feedback.

What I can tell - I didn't modify server side easyrtc code. All things are doing fine before switch to 1.0.12. My feeling is that your current version of easyrtc server has some glitches regarding support of socket.io.

For instance I found today that previous version of easyrtc (client side) has data member easyrtc.localstream, now you replace it with easyrtc.getLocalStream() function. This was just an example, not related with issue reported by me.

So could you please kindly revert current issue to Rob?

Thanks in advance.

Eric Davies

Sep 23, 2014, 10:03:50 AM9/23/14
to eas...@googlegroups.com
My discriminating question is: are you using server code as it stands without extensions, modifications, or additions?

Can you supply code that demonstrates the problem? Without that, neither Rod nor I have any way to assess the issue.

It is always my goal to minimize breaking changes, however, they will happen occasionally, if for no other reason that we can't afford to carry forward too many of our past imperfections :-).
Eric.