Screen sharing and multiple media-streams per call

Eric Davies

May 22, 2014, 8:06:21 PM5/22/14
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Last weekend, I started working on support for multiple-media streams per call. My aim is to have to ready for people to try on Monday (in the beta branch). It adds a few extra calls, and an optional parameter to some existing calls, but it will not be a breaking change.

On a related note, Rod found a demo of a new facility in Chrome that fixes the problems with Screen sharing (it lets you pick the screen to be shared and seems to work much better than the old screen sharing). It's only an extra line or two to put in. However, to make use of it, your users will need to let chrome install it's own extension (it's a security thing). Needless to say, that will be in Monday's code.