EasyRTC MultiUser

pouria bagheri

Mar 4, 2013, 3:47:23 AM3/4/13
to eas...@googlegroups.com
hey there! I am trying to develop a new web application and need to add online conferencing features to it. I've been looking around on the web and the best solution seems to be EasyRTC. but i need to have multiple users being able to have video conference, i was hoping you can help me out with a sample code.also, wanted to know is EasyRTC multi user video conference open source as well?
tnx

Eric Davies

Mar 4, 2013, 3:02:56 PM3/4/13
to eas...@googlegroups.com
This question keeps coming up, so we've broken down and provided the code. Check out:
Have fun with it!

Eric.

Frédéric NERET

Mar 4, 2013, 6:18:02 PM3/4/13
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

I was just on the way to make my own script... and I read your post :-)

Sure I will have fun!

I will get back to you very soon.

Best regards,,

Fred

Raj B

Oct 25, 2013, 11:50:00 PM10/25/13
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

demo4 looks cool and it does fit my solution. Thank you very much for providing such a valuable information.
Below is what I'm doing in my solution:
I have 2 kinds of logins. Teacher and Student..
Teacher can't watch/hear Students but Group of Students can watch/hear Teacher.. I'm using both audio and video.. I'm just playing with video tags visibility based on who logged in.. everything is cool but i'm getting lot of echo/noise when more than one student is logged in.. where do you think the problem is? Please let me know if you need more information. I would really appreciate your help.

Basically I'm trying to implement broadcasting model solution. Please let me know if there is any other/proper way to do it.

Thanks,
Raj

Eric Davies

Oct 26, 2013, 12:54:58 AM10/26/13
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raj,

 Teacher says something and it plays out StudentA's speakers, through the air, and back into his microphone, whereupon it's picked up by Student B, Student C, ...  You need to break the path from the speakers to the microphone:
   You could institute a system whereby a student's microphone is disabled unless he's holding down a button, and then his speakers are disabled.
   You can get them to all wear headphones.
   You can simply not allow them to send any audio at all and use text messaging to communicate with each other.

Eric.

Raj

Oct 26, 2013, 7:38:37 PM10/26/13
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Sure that theory definitely helps. Actually "simple audio video" demo used to work absolutely fine before but now it's also giving lot of echo even the demo I tried on demo.easyrtc.com..
Did anything change recently in the framework?

Thanks,
Raj

Eric Davies

Oct 26, 2013, 8:32:50 PM10/26/13
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Rod was planning to upload the latest alpha code this weekend, but I don't believe he's done anything yet.

In any case, we have no control over echo cancellation (or the lack of it); for that you get to praise or curse the browser implementor.

If was working and isn't now, it's your browser that's updated, or maybe your speaker volume.

Rod Apeldoorn

Oct 29, 2013, 1:02:13 AM10/29/13
to eas...@googlegroups.com
New version is up! The demos should be up and running properly. I've also updated http://demos.easyrtc.com/ to the latest alpha version.