Hangup does not stop RTCPeerConnection

Akash Islam

Jun 16, 2014, 1:14:34 AM6/16/14
to eas...@googlegroups.com
When I call a user and after that I hangup the call using easyrtc.hangup(easyrtcid) it stop the call perfectly. But if see in chrome://webrtc-internals/ it show the previous peerconnection. If I call a user multiple times and hangup the call, every time a new RTCPeerConnection is created and it persists in chrome://webrtc-internals/ . How can I stop RTCPeerConnection on easyrtc.hangup(easyrtcid) function call. Currently I am using easyrtc V1.0.10

Thanks

Eric Davies

Jun 16, 2014, 3:36:36 PM6/16/14
to eas...@googlegroups.com
I'll look into when we get back from the conference.

Eric Davies

Jun 23, 2014, 1:38:26 PM6/23/14
to eas...@googlegroups.com
I've just been experimenting with it:

Hanging up does "stop" the peer connection. If you run a network monitor, you will see the traffic stop as soon as you do the hangup. What appears to be happening though is that chrome is hanging onto the closed peer connection object. I've just posted on the discuss-webrtc group asking about this: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/discuss-webrtc/227Ghlk5Pa0 .

Eric.

Eric Davies

Jun 23, 2014, 8:11:36 PM6/23/14
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Just got a response from Vikas, my all-time favorite Googler. Apparently, this is a known bug in Chrome that has recently been fixed, meaning it will percolate down into the production version eventually. See https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=373690

Akash Islam

Jun 24, 2014, 12:19:46 AM6/24/14
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Eric, I will test this issue.

Eric Davies

Jun 24, 2014, 11:06:04 AM6/24/14
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Akash,

   note the word "eventually" :-). It certainly isn't fixed in the chrome production version I tried yesterday.