Video not showing in Safari

dstestf...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2018, 8:41:50 AM6/13/18
to EasyRTC
Hi,

We are developing an application using easyRTC for video calling. There are two issues we are facing right now:

1. This does not show local or remote stream on iPhone Safari (I have tested in version 11.3)

2. This works totally fine when we connect between two peers within our office premises and also works when we connect from mobile to desktop at the same location. Although this gets failed to establish peer connection when one peer is at the far remote location(in other country) and we are connecting from our desktop browser(Chrome) but again mobile connects successfully.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kenneth Li

Sep 24, 2018, 5:30:03 AM9/24/18
to EasyRTC
I got similar problems.

1. If I use iPhone safari 11.3 to connect the easyrtc demo-audio example, nothing can be heard but the other side can hear what I say.  I guess the reason is Safari not yet support easyrtc or other webrtc.

2. Sometimes the peer to peer connection cannot be established.  Again I guess we need to install our own TURN server in order to increase the chance of successful connection,  as the server-demo example is only equipped with STUN servers, but not TURN servers.

Pls. let me know if I'm wrong, thank you.

George

Sep 24, 2018, 6:09:00 AM9/24/18
to EasyRTC
Hi, there were some answers in another thread earlier, the demo files use an older version of easyrtc that don't work anymore on Safari, Firefox etc.
So try the solution on your side, with the files installed from github, which are updated and working with Safari.