EasyRTC demo audio video call not workin

Rajesh Jha

Jul 19, 2017, 2:26:31 PM7/19/17
to EasyRTC

here is the scenario. I am running nodejs on a seperate server and have another webserver (apache) both on different ports though. followed instructions given on your home page under section running easyrtc on different server. my apache server is up on port 8080. i have put proxyPass for port 5000 (being used by nodejs server). did modification to demo_audio_video_simple.js to connect to port 5000 but it doesn't start te audio video chat. if i try the demo standalone it works i have my whole website desiged on LAMP and don't want to disturb it. any suggestions would be welcome

- Rajesh

Eric Davies

Jul 19, 2017, 2:42:01 PM7/19/17
to EasyRTC
First, you are going to need to be running https. See the "Getting started" guide for why.

After that, you may be having trouble proxying the websocket. You might check out this thread: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27526281/websockets-and-apache-proxy-how-to-configure-mod-proxy-wstunnel

Rajesh Jha

Jul 20, 2017, 5:27:48 AM7/20/17
to EasyRTC
First of all I am running on localhost so ssl is not a problem. Now I get to the point where the script asks for "allow your microphone and camera". I click o.k and can see myself on the screen but the call is not connected, I get the error message Error messages
Unable to reach the EasyRTC signalling server. I have followed the steps mentioned in the link given by you but am stuck now, I am not able to see any log also. The console log says.

debug   - EasyRTC: [lnS8c2Bl5oSZexth][pLXJ_UUgEyQhyk7BAAAA] Socket connected
debug   - EasyRTC: Emitting event 'connection'
debug   - EasyRTC: Running func 'onConnection'
debug   - EasyRTC: [gr53IPoLdL9cqmIo][KYhKN6zO7z_89hUSAAAB] Socket connected
debug   - EasyRTC: Emitting event 'connection'
debug   - EasyRTC: Running func 'onConnection'
debug   - EasyRTC: [UM6QrxNBBMV38VNT][7oTQnGKxLCUCQUusAAAC] Socket connected
debug   - EasyRTC: Emitting event 'connection'
debug   - EasyRTC: Running func 'onConnection'
debug   - EasyRTC: [qdiui996Nta7TMhZ][r6ehZjMpX4reGLM5AAAD] Socket connected
debug   - EasyRTC: Emitting event 'connection'
debug   - EasyRTC: Running func 'onConnection'
debug   - EasyRTC: [q7fsxNVHTUCFBzVZ][x6gWFINV8Sr4_M68AAAE] Socket connected
debug   - EasyRTC: Emitting event 'connection'
debug   - EasyRTC: Running func 'onConnection'
debug   - EasyRTC: [PiJhSIAxwkXV7QXq][a1QJv-bmjlbm35gfAAAF] Socket connected
debug   - EasyRTC: Emitting event 'connection'
debug   - EasyRTC: Running func 'onConnection'
debug   - EasyRTC: [WMEsEuc1Z5ODaUOl][BWFmDDaIhvFPdXp2AAAG] Socket connected
debug   - EasyRTC: Emitting event 'connection'
debug   - EasyRTC: Running func 'onConnection'

Eric Davies

Jul 20, 2017, 11:07:40 AM7/20/17
to EasyRTC
Easyrtc uses socket.io for the websocket support.
I'd suggest checking a socket.io group for proxying issues/solutions.