How to create a console client (without a web browser) with node js

sbris...@kinova.ca

Sep 25, 2017, 9:14:54 AM9/25/17
to EasyRTC
Hi,

I'm a begineer with node js, and webrtc... and I pend many hours tor figure out how I may create a client that create a room and push data in it using the easyrtc api.

I have one this so far, but I got error message when I try to run the code...

TypeError: easyrtc.enableDebug is not a function

Which is used in the : demo_data_channel_messaging example.

Anyone with a quick hint for me ?

Thank you

sbris...@kinova.ca

Sep 25, 2017, 9:16:44 AM9/25/17
to EasyRTC
Here is my code :

var easyrtc = require("easyrtc");               // EasyRTC external module

easyrtc.setOption("logLevel", "debug");

easyrtc.enableDebug(false); // This line give me an error...

easyrtc.enableDataChannels(true); // This line also give me an error...

while (true) {

}

Eric Davies

Oct 4, 2017, 12:10:57 AM10/4/17
to EasyRTC
easyrtc is a layer built upon the webrtc api in your browser.
unless you add the node_rtc plugin, that support doesn't exist in node.
easyrtc also expects the socket.io library to have loaded already.