How to save video on Server?

Prashant Sharma

Dec 15, 2016, 3:31:01 AM12/15/16
to EasyRTC
Hi. I am able to save video on client pc by providing download link,

But I want to save that video on my server too,

Is there any way to save video of conversation into server also??

Eric Davies

Dec 15, 2016, 10:50:02 AM12/15/16
to EasyRTC
Your browser has code built into it for saving the video.
The easyrtc server does not. It's a simple signalling engine, one server.

We are working on a platform-as-a-service that will provide scaleability, recording, etc (the useful things that the easyrtc server can't do), but it's a few months away. Lots of servers of different types. It's not a small undertaking.

So, the answer is, if you are looking for a one line solution, then no.

If you are feeling energetic, then you can:
1)   capture a media stream to blobs (the recording api supports that), and send those blobs to the server to be written. Never tried this, websockets may not be high bandwidth enough.

or
2)  send the media stream to a headless instance of chrome running on the server, and use it's recording facility. You might need to use chromium. Again, something I haven't tried.

Both of these options would handle a single media stream, and you've probably got two or more to record. So you would want to combine them into one (combining the video by rendering into a canvas and capturing a media stream from the canvas, combining the audio using the webaudio api).

3) Use Kurento instead of easyrtc. See kurento.org. Kurento is a complete media server package that does a variety of useful things if you hook it up right. Not as easy  to use as easyrtc but very flexible.