Stream.label is undefined in case of Firefox whereas giving a proper stream in case of chrome.

priyanka wadhwa

Dec 26, 2014, 4:07:33 AM12/26/14
to eas...@googlegroups.com
HI,

I am new to EasyRTC and have been successful in making a video conferencing call over Chrome Browser.

But, when working with Firefox, I am able to get my own video streaming but when transferring the stream.label value to set at another callers end, my own stream's stream.label element returns me undefined. Hence, no value is received to be sent on another end and unable to establish the connection between the two.

This only is occurring in case of Firefox browser.

I am unable to do a video conferencing in Firefox.

Can anyone please help me that why am I not able to set the src or stream.label in case of Firefox.
Message has been deleted

priyanka wadhwa

Dec 26, 2014, 7:39:56 AM12/26/14
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Also, One of the error that I am receiving over my Firefox browser is "HTTP "Content-Type" of "text/html" is not supported. Load of media resource failed."

Eric Davies

Jan 13, 2015, 1:27:08 PM1/13/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Firefox doesn't support stream labels. It also doesn't support multi streams per peer connection. If you need these, then your best bet is to tell your users that you don't support Firefox.

Ataul Mukit

Jan 21, 2015, 1:06:49 PM1/21/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
I did find a work around by setting the stream label in firefox as "default" and setting stream id as null.
This way the user in a chrome browser can see the firefox video at his end.
But the problem occurs when the chrome user starts his video, then firefox video hangs in both ends.

You might try to write firefox specific codes without stream labels by detecting the browser, so that all your chrome users can use multiple labels of stream, where as the firefox user
will only use single stream with label default.

Eric Davies

Jan 22, 2015, 11:40:21 AM1/22/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
If you try the beta branch, you should see this behavior.