iOS Safari, no audio is heard or delivered from the device.

Caglayan Karagozler

Jan 22, 2020, 3:17:54 PM1/22/20
to EasyRTC
Hello everyone.

First, I'd like to say to the developers that I sincerely want to thank you for making this available as an open-source pack. You da real MVP :)

So to my question, using iOS Safari and audio-only setup, my Windows PC with Chrome, Firefox and Opera (did not try others) cannot hear iOS Safari. Doesn't work for vice versa either. The connection is ok, pc or ios can actually make the call or accept it correspondingly. Connection does not fail. Just no audio at all. As far as iOS is concerned, no other browser even connects so safari seems to be my only choice.

Yes, all my mics are working, double, triple, quadruple, quintuple checked it. twice. two times more :) All my audio cards and drivers are working, I can already listen to other things on my pc and phone, I can even connect from pc to pc on my website.

Is there something I should be looking for? Simple text chat is working on any side btw. They can communicate through just chat.

As a side note; I'm also struggling with using a TURN/STUN server. I installed coturn just fine, tested with Trickle ICE and it seems to be working but when I set it up on my easyrtc app as suggested in the documentation, I receive an error like "buildPeerConnection failed, call not made" or something like that but that's another question obviously.