Stream is appearing even if video src is not set

Rishi Khandelwal

Jun 12, 2015, 6:11:40 AM6/12/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
HI

I have got an strange error.

On my mac Firefox, easyrtc.getLocalStream().getVideoTracks().length is 0, video src is empty, but still i am getting my streaming. How is it possible ?

i am really surprised. Please suggest me the reason.

Rishi Khandelwal

Jun 12, 2015, 8:52:58 AM6/12/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
One more thing,

We assume that if everything is correctly set up then easyrtc give allow/deny permission bar and when user allows that then we get the steaming for sure. But i am getting strange behavior that even after allowing the permission bar, i am getting 0 video track in my stream.

I am placing streaming in video element if it passes the if condition :
if(easyrtc.getLocalStream().getVideoTracks().length > 0) {

   // set stream

 } else {

// error message

}

every time i run, i got error message. Then i remove above condition and run again then i got above scenario that getting stream in video element but video src is empty.

suggest me the reason

Eric Davies

Jun 12, 2015, 10:52:06 AM6/12/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Looks like Chrome isn't able to access your camera. Probably some other application is getting exclusive use of it. Got skype running?

Rishi Khandelwal

Jun 12, 2015, 12:09:03 PM6/12/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply eric.

No , no any other app was using the camera. We did not tried skype, but we tried this webrtc demo https://opentokrtc.com/ and it was running fine.

Eric Davies

Jun 12, 2015, 12:19:12 PM6/12/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
the silly possibility then is that you called easyrtc.enableVideo(false) before getting the local media stream.
If you have the site public, I can take a brief look. Otherwise, no other ideas.

Rishi Khandelwal

Jun 12, 2015, 1:23:24 PM6/12/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
No Eric,

easyrtc.enableVideo(true) is called before getting local media stream. Even this is not the problem with every browser and every OS.

I am getting this problem on my mac Firefox every time, and some times in windows Chrome. Every user is not getting this problem.

This could be the environmental issue but i just want to know that what factors can create this type of problem.

Eric Davies

Jun 13, 2015, 12:02:26 PM6/13/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Haven't seen the problem myself. No idea what it could be.