EasyRTC v1.1.0 Released

Rod Apeldoorn

Oct 19, 2016, 8:21:30 PM10/19/16
to EasyRTC
Hi All,

EasyRTC v1.1.0 is now out of beta! You can find it in our GitHub repositoryNPM, and our demo server. This is a client feature release with plenty of nice additions including in-browser video recording.

Orignially this was targetted to be v1.0.18, but with new featured we thought it was finally time to do a minor version bump.

New Features:
  • JS Client - Added setPeerOpenListener and setSignalingStateChangeListener.
  • JS Client - Added options to set preferred video codec in peer connection.
  • JS Client - Added media stream recording feature and demo.
  • JS Client - Added support for selecting audio playback destination.
  • Documentation - Added info on git install steps.
Changes:
  • JS Client - Use minFrameRate/MaxFrameRate for Firefox and Edge instead of frameRate.min and frameRate.max.
  • JS Client - Updated to use WebRTC ontrack api and newer media constraints api.
  • JS Client -Updated the ice filter demo and exposed it on the demo page.
  • Server - Updated default server options to use urls instead of url for ice se.
  • Server - Updated socket.io for server example from 1.3.7 to 1.4.5.
  • Documentation - Updated client and server html documentation.
  • Documentation - Copyright date bump to 2016.
  • Documentation - Updated link to EasyRTC forum.
  • Documentation - Updated README to include bower install step.
  • Documentation - Updated docs to reflect the ../ reference in server.js and the need to run https servers.
Fixes:
  • JS Client - Fixed file sharing demo.
  • JS Client - Put a guard on onPeerClosed.
  • JS Client - Improvements in cancelling file transfer requests.
  • JS Client - Prevents possible undefined prop dataChannelReady if peer connection gets recycled early.
  • JS Client - Fixed easrytc_app UMD declaration.
  • JS Client - improved try catch block so that message processing errors didn't masquerade as json parse errors.
  • JS Client - Fix possible error due missing adapter.browserShim.attachMediaStream on some platform.
  • JS Client - In the multiparty demo, moved the socket.io reference above the easyrtc.js reference.
  • Documentation - Added fields to the inline documentation on client side to make it work better with jsdoc. We now get documentation for all the interesting files.
  • Documentation - Fixed error in easyrtc_client_tutorial.md
  • Packaging - Added index.js to bower ignored files since bower is for client only (not server).
You can update your existing installation by entering 'npm update easyrtc' from your application folder. Installation and usage documentation can be found on our the EasyRTC GitHub Pages site or in the /docs folder.

We would like to extend our huge thanks to @hthetiot for his countless contributions to the project!

Rod Apeldoorn,
EasyRTC Server Lead,

James Thompson

Aug 3, 2017, 9:00:47 PM8/3/17
to EasyRTC
What version of FireFox is easyRTC v1.1.0 stable with? I'm having issues with FF49 and FF51.

Muhammad Salman

Sep 14, 2017, 3:48:49 PM9/14/17
to EasyRTC
Hi Rod, I have performed all pre steps as follows:
  1. Install Node.js DONE
  2. Download the EasyRTC distribution from github (https://github.com/priologic/easyrtc.git) DONE
  3. I have Run npm install in the easyrtc directory. DONE
  4. Enter the easyrtc/server_example directory by executing cd server_example DONE
  5. Run npm install in the server_example directory.  DONE
  6. Start EasyRTC by running node server.js while in the server_example directory. DONE
  7. Browse the examples using a WebRTC enabled browser. (defaults to port 8080
 For point no.7 I tried to open demos but could not get result. I am using Firefox and Chrome to experiment your RTC examples. I have webcam connected. My machine is on Windows 10 and localhost is on XAMPP. Is there any thing missing at my part? Can you please help in this matter. I do not have ssl certificate (I came to know that RTC examples can work on https) Can you please mention what steps should I do on my localhost to make this enable. I dont have server machine or bought SSL url.

Waiting for your reply.
Thanks and Kind Regards

Pierre MARS

Jan 21, 2018, 3:35:56 AM1/21/18
to EasyRTC
Hi, you should open a subject I guess.
Node create a server (server.js)
You shloud not use XamPP on 8080 port or change port in server.js

ourwe...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2018, 11:18:41 AM11/24/18
to EasyRTC
heyguys anyone has demo ?