How to overrrite the easyrtc id with your application s user names

Sanket Murugkar

May 18, 2015, 5:23:40 AM5/18/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
I am developing one application using easyrtc  with wavemaker tool.For a new user easy rtc provides automatically created easyrtc id.
In the chat window the random id are shown..i want to overrite these ids with applications username..

I have find one solution where we have to set easyrtc.setUsername("") in client js file before calling easyrtc.connect function..
But this not solves the problem...

any help would be appriciated

Eric Davies

May 18, 2015, 12:39:28 PM5/18/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
You can set your own equivalent to the user name using easyrtc.setRoomApiField, and build your own functions (on top of the current api) that reference others clients via that username, assuming you don't want to use the username field. You can't just replace the easyrtcid because its a websocket id, guaranteed to be unique, etc.

Sanket Murugkar

May 21, 2015, 4:58:51 AM5/21/15
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Eric..