Passing args when running stories

Avi Flax

Oct 20, 2010, 8:23:43 AM10/20/10
to Easyb Users
Hi, I'd like to be able to pass in an arg (for example, a web service
base URL) to
the story runner when running my stories — is that supported today?

Thanks,
Avi

Kindling: Innovation through Collaboration » http://kindlingapp.com

Andrew Glover

Oct 20, 2010, 8:54:00 AM10/20/10
to easyb...@googlegroups.com
Not directly -- you could pass a system variable i.e. -D and then grab it at runtime in the actual story. Another technique is to tokenize the base URL and replace the token at runtime via Ant/maven, etc with your desired value -- we do this at a client site where the URL changes based upon the environment (test, dev, etc). I suppose you could also use a properties file....

Sincerely,

Andrew Glover
703.577.0830 (cell)

Dave Newton

Oct 20, 2010, 8:58:09 AM10/20/10
to easyb...@googlegroups.com
We use a few forms of property files, or just create methods that
abstract out actual functionality and loop over parameters etc. inside
the stories, depending on what we're doing.

Dave

Avi Flax

Oct 20, 2010, 9:40:06 AM10/20/10
to easyb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Andrew and Dave! Very helpful.

I'm thinking this feature would make sense — would anyone be
interested in seeing it added to the runner? I might see if I can
tackle it.

Thanks,
Avi

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 08:58, Dave Newton <davel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We use a few forms of property files, or just create methods that
> abstract out actual functionality and loop over parameters etc. inside
> the stories, depending on what we're doing.
>
> Dave
>
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Andrew Glover <ajgl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Not directly -- you could pass a system variable i.e. -D and then grab it at
>> runtime in the actual story. Another technique is to tokenize the base URL
>> and replace the token at runtime via Ant/maven, etc with your desired value
>> -- we do this at a client site where the URL changes based upon
>> the environment (test, dev, etc). I suppose you could also use a properties

>> file….

Andrew Glover

Oct 20, 2010, 9:48:55 AM10/20/10
to easyb...@googlegroups.com
sure -- that would be interesting!

Iakiv Kramarenko

Oct 23, 2013, 6:03:32 AM10/23/13
to easyb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Avi, Andy,

Is there any update on current status of such a feature in easyb?

Середа, 20 жовтня 2010 р. 16:48:55 UTC+3 користувач Andy написав: