expanding this idea

Eugene Kuleshov

Jul 17, 2012, 11:17:03 AM7/17/12
to easy-midd...@googlegroups.com

  Really neat feature, but you can bring it further to a completely new level...

  A few years back I submitted an enhancement request [1], asking to make workbench remember size of each frame when active and inactive. Basically window will automatically resize to a previously set size upon activation.

  I haven't got time for implementing the idea, but maybe you would...

  regards,
  Eugene

Igotit

Jul 27, 2012, 2:37:31 PM7/27/12
to easy-midd...@googlegroups.com
I don't quite understand your feature description. Didn't editors/views remember their size or position?

Eugene Kuleshov

Jul 27, 2012, 2:41:54 PM7/27/12
to easy-midd...@googlegroups.com
They do, but the idea is to make them remember both active AND
inactive size. So, when you switch to certain view or editor their
area gets expanded automatically... much like a fish eye.

regards,
Eugene

Igotit

Jul 27, 2012, 2:47:33 PM7/27/12
to easy-midd...@googlegroups.com
OK, I got it. This looks a great idea. I would pay attention on it. Probably make another independent plugin.
--
Best Regards,

Qing Ao