Bookingconfirmation mail gots recognized as Spam

Sandro Stross

May 25, 2024, 7:19:27 PMMay 25
to Easy!Appointments - Support Group

For some reason, Namecheap, my web host, is recognizing my booking confirmation emails as spam.

What can I do? I cannot send booking confirmations.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:test-ao...@srv1.mail-tester.com

hostprod-lbout-phx.jellyfish.systems [162.255.118.36]

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:

554 5.7.1 Spam content detected in the message body. Reason:

JFE040001 https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/10664/2216/jellyfish-error-codes/

Message has been deleted

Sandro Stross

May 26, 2024, 1:47:48 PMMay 26
to Easy!Appointments - Support Group
OK, my host and I were able to resolve the issue, but now the email is simply being discarded by GMX and Gmail and classified as 'high probability spam.' DMARC, DKIM, and SPF all look good at mxtoolbox.

Sandro Stross

May 26, 2024, 7:22:53 PMMay 26
to Easy!Appointments - Support Group
Also the cancelation confirmation Mail gets through.

Only the Booking Confirmation mail gets rejected, bounced.

tried Gmail,Gmx,Protonmail

Alex Tselegidis

May 27, 2024, 11:04:35 AMMay 27
to Easy!Appointments - Support Group
Hello!

Before we proceed with further troubleshooting, can you please create a sample mail script and send test mails and see if those are accepted or rejected?

Mail rejections may have a big variety of causes, so we need to make sure this is a problem with the EA config or with the server config.

Alex Tselegidis, Easy!Appointments Creator
Need a customization? Get a free quote!

Sandro Stross

May 27, 2024, 3:05:46 PMMay 27
to Easy!Appointments - Support Group
Hy,

The Cancellation Confirmation Emails are getting through.
I also need to say that im using the 1.5.0 alpha 1.
I have already checked with my hosting provider, and everything is fine on their end. I have also contacted the recipient's email provider, in this end, also with the recipient GMX, and they confirmed that the email is not reaching them at all.

Sandro Stross

Jun 2, 2024, 10:19:25 AMJun 2
to Easy!Appointments - Support Group
The problem was that I hadn't entered the SMTP data in the configuration. Since the cancellation email was sent without any issues from my website email, I thought it wasn't necessary.

Alex Tselegidis

Jun 4, 2024, 7:55:36 AMJun 4
to Easy!Appointments - Support Group
Hello!

Glad to know that you managed to solve this issue.