ERROR - Failed to initialize storage module

Jérémie Duguay

Mar 8, 2024, 6:43:15 AMMar 8
to Easy!Appointments - Support Group
Hey I've installed 1.4.3, or attempted to I should say. I keep getting this error. I'll attempt a different version for now but wanted to share this error with the dev. I had 1.3.0 working so might go back to that.

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module: user (path: /var/www/booking/application/config/../../storage/sessions)

Filename: Session/Session.php

Line Number: 127

The Bat

Mar 9, 2024, 2:05:01 PMMar 9
to Easy!Appointments - Support Group
https://easyappointments.org/docs.html#1.4.3/installation-guide.m

Ensure that the "storage" directory is writable. Session information, logs and any other kind of files will land into the "storage" directory so make sure that it has the correct permissions and that is writable.

Jim Nielsen

May 11, 2024, 9:47:47 PMMay 11
to Easy!Appointments - Support Group
What permission - is writable?  777? 775?  Is it writable by public or by group?  It is already writable by owner
Sorry if this is dumb

Jim Nielsen

May 12, 2024, 12:20:41 PMMay 12
to Easy!Appointments - Support Group
I made the directory CHMOD777 I hope that is tight.
I think my host's server did a reboot overnight because this morning it is working.
Cheers

Alex Tselegidis

May 13, 2024, 7:04:50 AMMay 13
to Easy!Appointments - Support Group
Hello!

Yes 777 will do, although this is not the best practice.

Even better would be if you would change the owner to www-data or similar and change the folder permissions to 755 and the file permissions to 644

Alex Tselegidis, Easy!Appointments Creator
Need a customization? Get a free quote!