Sharing at fellies

1 view

Henry Wen

Apr 8, 2011, 12:55:13 AM4/8/11
to easterpr...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Leslie has designed a wonderful poster and quarter card. Thanks Leslie. Tomorrow we will print it and give a batch of posters to each felly so that ppl in the groups can put the posters in dorma and apartments. We prob won't have the qt cards done by tomorrow.

But what we do want to do is present the event to our fellowships. Is some one available to go to ccf to present?

When we present be sure mention these things:

0. Put up the poster on the projector screen as a ppt slide
1. Vision and purpose- don't skim, once you convey the vision clearly the rest is natural.
2. Details, hows it's gonna work. Seating for several hundred, evangelistic performances, gospel message, worship.  Snacks afterward
3. What each person needs to do: sign up to pray, invite friends.
4. We have gotten approval of local churches
5. Those who want to help email Henry

Grace wrote an email to a few of the felly staff explaining to them the vision and details. It's clear and concise, you can use it as a guideline. It's copied below.

Two weeks ago was the permission week
This week was the preparation week

Next week will be promote/practice week: posters to he put up, friends to be prayed for and invited, musicians to reherse, testimonies to be refined. All the people involved the program (all music and speakers) should meet early next week to share visions and coordinate how everything fits together.

But every week is prayer week. We gotta do some hard spiritual wrestling on our knees for the souls of our friends. But also remember to rest in his peace. Take time to sit in silence and listen. I'd also like to ask ppl at Sunday night prayer to commit to fasting with us on one day next week. What do you think?

Have a wonderful Friday. What a privilege to be partners with Jesus in the great mission of winning souls to him!!!

Graces email:
Easter is coming up, and we wish to seek the blessing and redemption of Cornell through prayer and to celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Last year, we set up a tent on the Arts Quad and occupied the tent with prayer throughout the Easter weekend. It was borne of a desire to show God's presence and love to the campus in a visible manner. It was a much needed time for the Christian body to come together to fellowship with each other and to love the campus through prayer.
In addition to setting up the prayer tent this year, we want to look outward to share and celebrate the accomplishment of Jesus Christ with the entire Cornell community. In particular, our vision is that the truth and power of Christ's death and resurrection would permeate out of the Christian sub-community and more deeply into the campus community, such that the person of Jesus and the message of his death and resurrection will become a topic of widespread and public conversation. To this end, we hope to execute an evangelistic Easter Sunday gathering on the Arts Quad for an 11:30am morning service. We plan to have an evangelistic service with the following: praise led by a worship band; musical performances of spiritually meaningful secular songs; testimonies from students and faculty; performances from measureless and gospel choir; and most importantly, a gospel message about our Lord's life, death, and resurrection. Light snacks and refreshments will be offered after the service.

We would like to invite both our Christian and non-Christian friends to come learn about and celebrate the resurrection of the man who has offered us eternal life. We hope to see about 500 students (an even mix of Christian and non-Christian students) at this service and plan to have seating for about 300.

We have communicated with pastors from local churches (Bethel Grove, KCCE, FICCC, Christ Chapel, & Tabernacle Baptist) and have received their support for this vision. The leadership and staff of many fellowships on campus also support this with their enthusiastic partnership

stan matusz

Apr 8, 2011, 4:03:53 AM4/8/11
to easterpr...@googlegroups.com

I believe CCF has an informal gathering on Saturday evening at Charles & Kim Fick's house, called "CCF Chills." However, CICF (international group) meets on Friday evening at Crossroads Life Center (next to the Carriage House). -Stan

Henry Wen

Apr 9, 2011, 12:36:12 AM4/9/11
to Henry Wen, easterpr...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, how did things go? Did ppl take all the flyers. Thanks Grace for printing all those out today. Bigger posters forthcoming.

Leslie, how should we get the qt cards printed?

Good night everyone.

Leslie Chi

Apr 9, 2011, 12:34:37 AM4/9/11
to easterpr...@googlegroups.com
It went well! I think I only have 1-2 left of the fliers :) Thanks Grace for printing and Henry for distributing! :)

We can get the quarter cards printed with the website I gave Grace before: http://mmprint.com/
I've used them before and they're good/cheap. Do we have anywhere on campus we can print, though? Or maybe we can go to Kinko's although I think it would be really expensive there..!

William Poon

Apr 9, 2011, 1:13:13 AM4/9/11
to easterpr...@googlegroups.com, Leslie Chi
yea, you guys all did an amazing job. seriously, the posters look really good. i put one in the old teahouse too!! maybe i should ask them to put a big one there later when we get them.

i think the next step we need to take now is the prayer event itself right? like will we just have tables and chairs or will we have stations that people can walk around and look at. or stations people can interact with.
--
William Poon
Cornell University 2013