Black-throated Blue Warbler still in Mammoth

Debbie House

Oct 9, 2021, 11:27:19 PM10/9/21
to Eastern Sierra Audubon
The female Black-throated Blue Warbler at Mammoth Creek Park braved the snow storm and was still there today. Another birder saw her in the willows between the Hayden Cabin and the bridge upstream until around 11, which is about when I started my quest.

I spent a ridiculous amount of time searching the area from the cabin to the bridge, but did not find her until many hours later - and upstream of the bridge maybe 150 meters up. When I found her in the afternoon, she was down low, even on the ground and on some stream side rocks, so I had good looks when I did find her.

The park was crazy with birds though, and I saw a total of 9 species of warblers including Hermit, MacGillivrays, Nashville, Townsends, Yellow, Common Yellowthroat, lots of Orange-crowned, Yellow-rumped, and one Black-throated Blue!
Debbie House
--
Debbie