Kamanu Composites Aukahi V1 for sale

Peter J. Rusello

May 13, 2019, 8:54:31 PM5/13/19
to ECORA

I’m selling my Kamanu Composites Aukahi in what Kamanu calls the standard layup (http://www.kamanucomposites.com/aukahi). I haven't weighed it, but expect it to be around 22lbs.

I purchased the canoe new in 2011 and have been the only owner. It’s in very good shape, stored either in a garage or covered with a custom Hawai’ian Canoe Canvas cover. There is minor wear on the finish of the hull and deck since it’s 8 years old, but this is only cosmetic. This is an early production hull so it doesn’t have the foot braces Kamanu installed later on.

The ama is a white first generation Pueo Ama. There’s a separate bag (also orange) for the ama. Please see this iCloud album (https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0VGFssfGJKJC51) for pictures of the hull. The zipper on the cover is supposed to be on the hull side, but I prefer to zip it on the deck side so water will drain out of the cover when it’s stored.

I have the molded carbon seat but personally found the flat bench with padding more comfortable and better for my fit in the cockpit (I’m 6’1″ and about 200 lbs).

Included in the price are the canoe/’iakos/ama/molded seat, the custom cover, and a Burnham Boat Sling for transport. I also have a couple of Tahiti Rames paddles that might work for someone around my size. I would include one for an additional price ($100).

I’m asking $3000 for the canoe, cover, and boat sling, but I’m open to offers. I can take cash, Square, Venmo, Apple Pay, or a combination of those. The canoe is in the Washington, DC area, and I can meet you within a reasonable distance of DC if you are interested in buying it.

Please email pjs_aukah...@icloud.com or just reply to this email with any questions or inquiries.

P.J.

Peter J. Rusello

Jul 27, 2019, 6:56:06 PM7/27/19
to ECORA
Now asking $2200 for a beautiful canoe. See details below.

Thanks,

P.J.

[...]

I’m asking $2200 for the canoe, cover, and boat sling, but I’m open to offers. I can take cash, Square, Venmo, Apple Pay, or a combination of those. The canoe is in the Washington, DC area, and I can meet you within a reasonable distance of DC if you are interested in buying it.