2020 Hudson River Cup...IS A GO for Saturday, July 25.

1 view

Keith Tsang

Jul 9, 2020, 10:21:58 PM7/9/20
to ECORA
Aloha ECORA,

Ke Aloha Outrigger and Hoboken Cove Community Boathouse are very excited to confirm that the Hudson River Cup is proceeding as a "live" race.  Please join us in Hoboken, New Jersey! Race along the Hudson River against the dramatic Manhattan and Jersey City skyline to the Statue of Liberty.

Race along the Hudson River Skyline in 2 unique races:
  • 10-mile Liberty Course to the Statue of Liberty and back. Open to experienced** OC1/2, surfskis and coastal rowing shells.
  • 4-mile Hudson Course to the mouth of New York Harbor and back. Open to experienced** stand-up paddlers and kayakers.
Please feel free to invite friends!  We welcome experienced OC1/OC2, SUP, sea kayak, coastal rowing shell and surf ski paddlers.  If there was ever a year to appreciate small boat races and the Hudson, it is this year.  At this time, we are seeing lower boat traffic than in previous years, and while we all would love the old normal, this is one change that we can appreciate for this event.  The Statue awaits all who are willing to make a run towards her!

Of course, this year we will be making several changes to ensure that we are complying with the latest best practices relating to COVID-19.  Our race organizers will be implementing race protocols that align with social distancing and local requirements so that we may keep the community, participants, and volunteers safe.  And, while we all love the festival, we will have to cancel that portion this year.

However, we are excited to again provide SWAG bags for all participants as well as we will have lunches from a local restaurant that we are excited to support as they continue to work to regain their footing after being shut down since the middle of March.

Registration is open at www.hudsonrivercup.org.
  • Early Registration Fee of $60 until Saturday, July 11.
  • Regular Registration Fee of $70 from Sunday, July 12 until race day Saturday, July 25.*
Please notify us if you plan to register on the day of the race (and if you are, please be prepared to do this on your phone/iPad through Paddleguru due to Corona safety precautions).

Inquiries at hudsonr...@gmail.com

*Covid-19 Statement: Due to the evolving nature of the pandemic, we reserve the right to cancel this event up to one week in advance of the race day. In the event the race is canceled, registration fees will be refunded minus any processing fees. Until that decision is made, we are currently developing sanitation and social distancing guidelines following recommendations of the Center for Disease Control in order to minimize potential exposure to any of our athletes and volunteers. Guidelines will be published as soon as they are available.

** This is not a beginner race. The waters in New York Harbor and the Hudson River can get treacherous. For those reasons, all paddlers must provide their water and race experience for review by our safety board before being officially admitted into the race. Hudson River Cup reserves the right to deny entry to participants. If that decision is made, the athlete will be notified and registration fees will be refunded minus any processing fees.

We hope to see you again in Hoboken on Saturday, July 25th for another challenge on the Hudson River.

Mahalo,
KEITH

Hudson River Cup at Hoboken Cove
Saturday . July 25, 2020
Hosted by Ke Aloha Outrigger + Hoboken Cove Community Boathouse
Follow us @kealohaoutrigger