2019 Lanakila Iki Ocean Challenge (Oct 12 - 13)

Bob Shustack

Sep 24, 2019, 5:35:18 PM9/24/19
to Bob Shustack
emblem_only_lanakila.jpg

Aloha Everyone,

Florida Race Season is upon us !

October 12th & 13th

Lanakila Iki Ocean Challenge

Fort Lauderdale Beach, Florida

More info on Paddleguru – but here are the basics:

  https://paddleguru.com/races/2019LanakilaIkiOceanChallenge

DEADLINES Approaching:

OC-6 -- September 30th (12 days prior to race)

Small Craft – Up till day before the race (September 30th (12 days prior to race) for T-Shirt)

Saturday, October 12, 2019  Ocean Challenge (OC-6)

•            Women's OC-6 race: 12-miles

•            Men's OC-6 race: 12-miles

•            Mixed OC-6 race: 9-10miles

o            Luau and OC-6 awards

Sunday, October 13, 2019 Ocean Challenge Small Craft (OC-1, OC-2, surfski, kayaks, dorys and paddleboards.

o            Long race: 8 miles (2 laps)

o            Short race: 4 miles (1 lap)

o            Awards

EVENTS **** Conditions permitting *****

All races will be held on Fort Lauderdale Beach – conditions permitting.

In the event of winds over 25 mph hour an intracoastal race course will be used.

REGISTRATION

Registration fees go directly to cover event costs.

Should the event be cancelled due to weather or other safety concerns, refunds will not be provided.

DOUBLE PADDLERS (for OC-6 Races)

•            Registration fees are per crew not per paddler

•            Each registered OC-6 crew will receive 6 racing wristbands which double as luau tickets and are transferable.

SPEC OC-6 CANOE LOANS

•            Rental of Spec OC-6 Canoes only

•            Deadline for spec OC-6 canoe loan as supplies last.

•            Please do not reach out to other clubs directly to avoid double booking.

•            Spec OC-6 Canoe rental fee $120 USD per race to be collected by the Lanakila Iki Canoe Club via Paddleguru: $115 to be passed through to the team renting their canoe and $5 transaction fee

•            Completing registration does not guarantee a canoe. Requesting teams will receive a confirmation email once a canoe loan is arranged.

CANCELLATION FEE

100% Cancellation fee will be assessed after September 23, 2019.

LODGING OPTIONS

We have not room blocked this year, but we highly recommend staying at the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel across the street from the beach race site.

We used this hotel for lodging and our luau last year and everyone was very pleased.

Cost:

• OC6 $300 per canoe $50 per paddler.

• Canoe rental $120 per race (prior approval needed before paddleguru registration – supplies limited).

• Small craft $60, Clubs participating in the OC6 will receive a discount code for small craft paddlers.

Our race Charity is Piper's Angels Foundation.

image.png

If you could please pass this information onto any other clubs you know might be interested in attending, it would be appreciated.

Social Media:

image.png

All updates will be posted on our Race FB Page.

Follow us on Instagram: @lanakilaiki

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/LanakilaIkiOceanChallenge/

https://www.facebook.com/Lanakila-Iki-Outrigger-Canoe-Club-129352893803697/

There is nothing like the Ocean !

image.png

Mahalo,

Shuey

Bob Shustack

Lanakila Iki Canoe Club

305-608-6900

www.outriggerfun.org

Bob Shustack

Sep 30, 2019, 10:10:27 AM9/30/19
to Bob Shustack

emblem_only_lanakila.jpg

Aloha Everyone,

Lets keep the Florida momentum going from Clearwater Beach Classic !

Still time to register --- race shirts ordered to be placed tomorrow so please register if you want to guarantee your size :)

We also have some additional canoes for rent this year -- so if you are unable to trailer this year, please message me asap.

October 12th & 13th