Building Resilient Communities Convergence

Living Mandala

Sep 24, 2013, 8:19:51 PM9/24/13
to east-ba...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

What happens when you bring together Rob Hopkins, John Trudell, Julia Butterfly Hill,  Andy Lipkis, Konda Mason, Richard Heinberg, Penny Livingston-Slark, Doria Robinson, Brock Dolman, Daily Acts, Bay Localize, Living Mandala, Urban Tilth, Movement Generation, Permaculture Artisans, Regenerative Design Institute, The Hub Oakland, Generation Waking-Up, and many other community leaders, organizations, permaculture designers, transition initiative organizers, activists, young people, elders, homesteaders, designers, social entrepreneurs, and others all passionate building resilient communities?

Well… we are about to find out.

Join this amazing group of visionary leaders, activists, and organizations doing ground-breaking work in Northern California, the Pacific Northwest, and across the country as we gather for the Northern California Permaculture & Transition Convergence: Building Resilient Communities, Oct 11-13 at the Solar Living Institute in Hopland!

EARLY BIRD SPECIAL ONLY UNTIL SEPT 30!

PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS

Workshops: on 5 different theme tracks from some of Northern California’s most rocking community organizations and educators like Daily Acts, Bay Localize, Living Mandala, Urban Tilth, Movement Generation, Permaculture Artisans, Regenerative Design Institute, Generation Waking-Up and many more

Skill Shares: DIY skills in permaculture, natural building, new economy, clean energy, food production, herbal medicine, environmental justice, community organizing, systems-thinking, holistic healing, and more.

Open Space & Bio-regional Networking: Plenty of opportunities to brainstorm, cross-pollinate, make new connections, connect with old friends, meet your new partner, and build a movement!

Music & Festivities: Featuring a Community Barn Dance and Dance Party with live music from The Julian Trio, The Dogon Lights, DJ Dragonfly, Zion Lion + the Ultimate Permaculture Transition Passion Show!

Keynote Speakers: Rob Hopkins - Transition Network Movement Founder, John Trudell - Native American Activist, Poet, Speaker, Konda Mason - HUB Oakland - Co-Founder and CEO, Richard Heinberg - author, Post Carbon Institute Senior Fellow, Andy Lipkis - TreePeople founder and president, Doria Robinson - Urban Tilth Executive Director, Julia Butterfly Hill, Penny Livingston-Stark, Brock Dolman & more.

The full Convergence Schedule is now Available! CLICK HERE.

And just when you thought it couldn't get any better...

A STUNNING LOCATION - SOLAR LIVING INSTITUTE

We're excited to host the Convergence at the beautiful and whimsically sustainable Solar Living Institute. We're offering free camping for those who can't get enough time in nature.
We encourage participants to organize rideshares and caravans - SLI is only a 2 hour drive from San Francisco and we promise your trip will be worth it!

SPECIAL INVITATION TO NEXT GENERATION LEADERS

We believe it is imperative to empower and equip young people with the awareness and skills they need to step up to the challenge of inheriting a planet in upheaval. We are excited to offer a special youth ticket which includes youth leadership workshops from Generation Waking Up in addition to our regular speakers and workshops. Youth Ticket: Age 15-21 $75 (full weekend) or $25 (day pass). Age 14 & under free.

VILLAGE COMMONS

Help Us Build a Model Resilient Community by bringing a community booth to the Convergence Village Commons. There are discounted tickets for non-profits and community booths. By hosting a booth modeling one aspect of a resilient community (ex: educational, free library, community radio, clothing swap, etc.), you are eligible for a substantially discounted weekend convergence pass. Visit our website to learn more and apply!

CELEBRATE THE HARVEST

Wait until you hear what's in store for your taste buds...a community kitchen, affordable local cuisine, and a Saturday evening Harvest Banquet Feast. In the spirit of abundance, we'll also be trading food vouchers for fresh organic produce or work shifts in the kitchen. Yummmm!

WORKTRADE APPLICATION NOW AVAILABLE

Work-trade recipients will receive a deeply discounted weekend convergence pass in exchange for helping to keep things running smoothly. Work-trade spots are limited so please visit our website to apply now!

HELP US BUILD A DIVERSE VILLAGE!

We understand that the work to build resilience and true sustainability requires diverse perspectives, voices from front lines communities and full democratic representation, if it is to succeed. This year we have committed to a strong initiative at this Convergence to incorporate more representation from our diverse communities, especially prioritizing youth, leaders from communities of color and those from underserved communities.

Help the Transition and Permaculture movements take a giant leap forward toward bringing social equity and inclusivity to the forefront of our movements!
Please consider supporting our Diversity Scholarship Fund.

Your contribution – of any size – will go directly to providing small stipends and travel expenses to honor participation of leaders from under-served communities, as well as funding scholarships and transportation to make this gathering compelling and accessible for for youth and participants from diverse communities.

Together we can build a more inclusive, thriving and resilient movement. We encourage you to contribute - every counts!

"Diversity is a core principle in creating living systems. That's why I'm glad the Permaculture community is working hard to include more people of color and youth at the upcoming Building Resilient Communities Convergence. Cultural diversity will lead to a better conference which will produce a more resilient movement."

 -Van Jones, Principal and Founder, Rebuild the Dream

 Towards Resilient Communities,

- The Living Mandala Team, on behalf of the 2013 Building Resilient Communities Organizing Team

Building Resilient Communities
Northern California Permaculture & Regional Transition Convergence
Oct 11-13, 2013
Solar Living Institute, Hopland, CA

Living Mandala
Organizing Education, Events & Initiatives for Personal & Planetary Transformation