CCL in Nature!

Ryan Bethencourt

Jul 24, 2013, 3:30:48 PM7/24/13
to countercu...@googlegroups.com, East DIYbio
Hi All,

Just wanted to forward this great article on Biotech: Independent streak in Nature and CCL was mentioned :)

This was the article that Virginia interviewed Matt, Patrik and I a few months back for but  the original article wasn't published. The article she was writing originally didn't make it past editorial review (post doc jobs outside of academia). Instead her editor asked her to write an article on hackubators with a real focus on the recent activity around a term they developed called "hackubators" hackerspace + biotech incubator in which she mentioned us but made a slight error in saying 50 paying members (as that was a quote from Joe at Bio, Tech and Beyond) but still great to get some press :)

All the best,

Patrik D'haeseleer

Jul 24, 2013, 3:44:33 PM7/24/13
to Ryan Bethencourt, countercu...@googlegroups.com, East DIYbio
Looks great! I never wound up getting back in touch with her, which of course I'm kicking myself over now. :-D

Patrik

Ryan Bethencourt

Jul 24, 2013, 3:57:30 PM7/24/13
to Patrik D'haeseleer, countercu...@googlegroups.com, East DIYbio
Yeah, she was chasing all of us and didn't seem like it was going to happen due to the change in direction but the "hackubator" angle was apparently something that was hot at the time and nature wanted to move quickly on it!

There will be a lot more opportunities for more press and quotes, for sure :)

I just reached out to Kelly at the city of Oakland to see if she can help us with CCL lab space here in Oakland too (it would be great if we could work out a deal like the one that Joe did in Carlsbad!).