Scholarships Available! Permaculture for International Sustainable Development & Social Entrepreneurship

1 view

Living Mandala

Feb 12, 2014, 5:06:29 PM2/12/14
to east-ba...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

We are building a diverse team of community leaders to join us for this ground-breaking 7SS + Permaculture Design Course focused on International Sustainable Development & Social Entrepreneurship, being held at the MA Center / GreenFriends Farm in Castro Valley, California over 5 modules from Feb 28 - May 18.

* 5 Modules, 16 Days
* Sign up for individual modules or the entire course
* Tuition as low as: $875 - $995!
* Limited Scholarships Available!

SPACE IS LIMITED - SECURE YOURS TODAY!

REGISTRATION / PRICING / MORE INFO: http://www.livingmandala.com/7SS

WHO'S COMING:

* Aspiring & Experienced Sustainability Leaders
* NGO Leaders
* Social Entrepreneurs
* Community Organizers
* Permaculturists (of all experience levels)
* Eco-Social Designers
* Systems Thinkers
* All ready to co-create a healthy, culturally rich, thriving world!

WHAT YOU'LL GAIN & LEARN:

* Integrative Social, Economic & Environmental Development
* Vital tools & practices in locally-led community development
* Hands-on International Permaculture Design Course Certificate
* Leading-edge approaches to cross-sector collaboration
* Best practices in Asset Based Community Development (ABCD)
* How to apply 7 Stages to Sustainability (7SS) framework and Permaculture in your own organizations, communities, and projects.

WHAT TO EXPECT:

During this one of a kind, ground-breaking, physically hands-on, intellectually engaging and paradigm expanding training over 3 months, we will learn to apply the basic 7 Stages to Sustainability (7SS) and the whole system of Permaculture as powerful frameworks to transform communities into resilient human settlements in greater harmony with Nature.

With a focus on international sustainable development and social entrepreneurship, we will explore local challenges, co-create appropriate solutions, build upon successful case studies, move through scalable design processes, and learn powerful and practical tools for localized food, energy, water systems, and invisible structures for re-designing every scale of human habitat.

This is rare opportunity to learn two of the world most scalable systems for community-led solutions, how they can work together, and how their regenerative design processes can be applied to address the world's most pressing local & global challenges today.

Through learning simple program development and sustainability approaches (including program evaluation, microfinance, fair trade, local asset building), along with the a potent tool bag of permaculture strategies and on-the-ground and solutionary technologies.... students will as emerge as more confident leaders, designers, and community facilitators able to engage, and inspire diverse stakeholders in local solutions.

We look forward to delivering the highest quality instruction, most relevant information, vital tools and most all around positive impact experience available anywhere, and at the most affordable rate.

7 Stages to Sustainability (7SS): A collaboration road map empowering people, businesses and organizations to turn local assets into holistic solutions from the ground up.

Permaculture Design Course (PDC): an internationally recognized certificate in Permaculture Design - curriculum & design science of creating human settlements in harmony with Nature

5 MODULES:

(sign up for individual modules or the entire course)

Module 1:(Optional Intro Weekend): Feb 28 - March 2: Permaculture Design for International Sustainable Development
Module 2: (March 27 - 30, 2014): Seven Stages to Sustainability + Permaculture Design
Module 3: April 10 - 13: Permaculture Fundamentals
Module 4: May 1 - 4: Invisible Structures & Community Design
Module 5: (May 18): Free Open to Public - RSVP - Design Presentations, Graduation, Celebration!

About the 7 Stages to Sustainability (7SS) facilitated by Empowerment Works -- Summary: http://empowermentworks.org/7-stages-to-sustainability-7ss.html

“7 Stages to Sustainability (7SS)" is a collaboration road map, Asset Based Community-driven Development (ABCD) framework, philosophy of self determination and a curriculum empowering people, businesses and organizations to turn local assets into holistic solutions from the ground up. Developed by Empowerment Works’ several years of 7SS global grassroots community action, and the success of a first 7SS service learning curriculum in China, 7SS is being taken to new heights in northern India. While the 7 Stages to Sustainability is an Asset Based Community-driven Development (ABCD) framework, philosophy of self-determination and a curriculum, this seven stage pattern is also a proven to catalyst for business, technological and social innovation.

SPACE IS LIMITED - SECURE YOURS TODAY!

REGISTRATION / PRICING / MORE INFO: http://www.livingmandala.com/7SS

"There is one, and only one, solution, and we have almost no time to try it. We must turn all our resources to repairing the natural world, and train all our young people to help. They want to; we need to give them this last chance to create forests, soils, clean waters, clean energies, secure communities, stable regions, and to know how to do it from hands-on experience."   - Bill Mollison

Living Mandala

Organizing Education, Events & Initiatives for Personal & Planetary Transformation