Honing Zone Zero - Tending the Inner Garden

1 view

Living Mandala

Aug 1, 2013, 3:43:26 PM8/1/13
to east-ba...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

As we all know there are many problems facing the world today - climate change, de-forestation, peak oil, species extinction, clean water, poverty, inequality, corruption... and so much more. Sometimes all of these challenges can seem overwhelming.

Many sages, yogi's and saints, including Mahatma Ghandi, Thich Nhat Hanh, Ammachi, and others have said that our external situations, societal injustice, and ecological unrest are all eternal circumstances manifesting from the pollution of negative thought forms, unkind words, and hateful judgmental thinking. This gives us insight into how to clean up our world, one conversation at a time, starting within. To get to the root of the problem, we must tend to our inner garden.

With that in mind… We are excited to be collaborating with the NVC (Non-Violent Communication) Community and others in the field to offer a Zone Zero Tele-Course - focusing on tending to the inner garden.

Hope you can join us.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi

-The Living Mandala Team

________________________

Honing Zone Zero:
Living Compassionate Communication & Permaculture to Sustain Self-Connection

6-week Tele-Course on Thursdays from August 8 - Sept 12, 2013
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm San Francisco; 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm New York

Session Dates and Topics

• Aug 8th: Your Zone Zero Zero Sweet Spot
• Aug 15th: Composting Should’s into Flowers of Choice
• Aug 22nd: 4-Step Daily Compost Practice for Anger, Guilt, Shame & Depression
• Aug 29th: Inner Resilience by Mediating Internal Conflicts
• Sept 5: Scalable Inner Gardening with Holistic Decisiveness
• Sept 12: Transforming Enemy Images into Companion Planting

(Sessions will be recorded.. so if you miss one, you can watch the recording).

Course Description

This course is all about tending to what is often referred to as Zone Zero (or 00) in Permaculture - the inner garden, the soil and seeds from which everything external sprouts and bears its bear fruit as an offering to the world.

During this course, using the language, teachings, and examples found in nature, living systems, permaculture principles, non-violent communication, pattern language, and universal listening, we will uncover practices to clean-up and transform our own inner gardens.

In this 6-Session live, interactive, tele-seminar series, we will learn various practices to restore balance and beauty to the mind and heart, and how to engage the world in a way the supports the thriving of life in ourselves, others, and the world.

With a dynamic play of live practice, interactive role-plays, and ground breaking interviews... we well:

•Explore the art of Self empathy by unlocking the prison of "should", and transform enemy images into Restorative Seeing.
•Learn a daily Self compassion practice to grow love in Self talk - a way to make stressful decisions from the heart with more ease to get to YES.
•Mediate internal conflicts so we don't spill pain on others, and find the sweet spot in our own lives to be a joyful and empowered agent of change through Permaculture, Compassionate Communication, & Climate Justice.

Whether you call in live from the rural permaculture farm or the heart of the urban jungle, you will experience the marriage of Compassionate Communication & Permaculture Principles with a small carbon footprint, meet and connect with an interdependent web of co-learners, worldwide, mobilizing for climate justice, from the inside out. We'd love to go on this journey with you in service to creating thriving relationships with ourselves, each other, and Mother Nature.

This ground-breaking course is co-designed with the intentions to serve the Soul to flourish and your unique gifts to thrive, brilliantly in service to balance with Earth.

Living Mandala

Organizing Education, Events & Initiatives for Personal & Planetary Transformation