Streaming SOH channels to WWS

Nicholas Novoa, CDWR

Jul 12, 2022, 6:58:23 PMJul 12
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi All,
I currently have a number of Kinemetrics instruments in the field and am using the slink2ew module to collect the data, including the SOH channels. I am saving the SOH channels to our Winston Wave Server the same as the regular acceleration data, but can't seem to get the data to show up in Swarm or using the Winston web interface. Is there some additional step I need to do in order to access the SOH data in the Winston Wave Server? I've confirmed the channels are there with getmenu and data is being saved. Thanks for the help.

Victor Preatoni

Jul 14, 2022, 10:02:55 AMJul 14
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Nicholas,

How did you manage to get SOH data to Winston? What's your slink2ew.d configuration?.
I am trying to achieve the same with Guralp digitizers.

Regarding reading SOH data, I don't think Swarm or Winston web interface will support it, but once you have the data on your SQL database, you can write some script to access it.

Thanks
Victor

Paul Friberg

Jul 15, 2022, 2:12:22 PMJul 15
to Earthworm Community Forum
Swarm traditionally had problems with very low latency sample rates (lower than 1Hz) as that is rare to non-existant in Volcano seismology....so it is probably just a factor of SWARM's inability to display it.

Paul

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/earthworm_forum/52019da6-0e9e-4d3a-a5b6-b912fb8f1f7an%40googlegroups.com.

--
Paul Friberg   p.fr...@isti.com

Nicholas Novoa, CDWR

Jul 28, 2022, 7:05:36 PMJul 28
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Victor,
There is no special config for slink2ew, just make sure you have selectors commented out so you are receiving all channels from the digitizer. I am not really that familiar with Guralp's digitizers, but for some reason I thought they don't have an option to write their SOH data to the seedlink server. I know on the Kinemetrics Rock+ instrument you have to install RocktoSlink module and enable the SOH channels.

-Nick