Custom Heliplots (Heli_ewII)

Steve Shuff

Aug 8, 2021, 1:51:48 PM8/8/21
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com

Hi All
I asked the question many years ago about customising the heliplot created by heli_ewII,
That was how to customise the "Welcome" file being  created ?
 Re-reading the reply to my post it seems unclear how this was achieved and I would very much appreciate any input on how to customise the html  wrapper, ie the header "Recent Helicorder Displays"  to something else .
 Thanks in advance .
--
Steve Shuff.

Bob Hammond

Aug 8, 2021, 9:20:08 PM8/8/21
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Edit heli_display.html and change
<TITLE>
Recent Helicorder Displays
</TITLE>
to whatever you want.

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/earthworm_forum/CADNpUBGV0YELpLP4UUpC%2BPVMsd9YN6ftz7FqNNmj1DEK-rukQA%40mail.gmail.com.

Steve Shuff

Aug 9, 2021, 2:48:45 AM8/9/21
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob
Yes that was my theory too,
However, I have tried this which does work short term ( I can't recall for how long)
I believe the html wrapper  is pulled from somewhere else within EW but I cant find it .
If this could be found and modified then I think it may solve my issue.
Best regards.

--
Steve Shuff.

Steve Shuff

Aug 19, 2021, 12:14:13 PM8/19/21
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Having read the updated version of heli_ewII docs , and also  for future reference I have included the relevant section regarding customising heliplots.
Hoping this may help someone as it did me.

Customizing the .html wrapper:

The .html wrapper for the primary web page has provision for customization to reflect the identity and flavor of an individual earthworm site. If you do nothing, a generic wrapper is constructed. You may control, however, the top part of the index page and the bottom of the index page by placing the .html code you want in files named indexa.html and indexb.html respectively in the GIFs/helicorder/ directory. The module will attempt to open and read indexa.html for the top of the page; if it can't find the file, it generates a generic beginning for the index.html file. It then pastes in links to the helicorder GIF images. Finally, it looks for indexb.html to finish off the page. If there is no indexb.html, it provides a generic ending.

--
Steve Shuff.