EW on Raspberry Pi compile fails.

Steve Shuff

Nov 12, 2022, 12:35:51 PM11/12/22
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com

Hi All
Hope some person can shed some light on this error please.
For some other diagnostic purpose I am trying to install EW 7.7 on a raspberry pi (Raspbian stretch OS) following this link
I am getting the error as shown in the attached photo, I have no idea why it wont compile as I have been down this road before and it all worked ok
Any help appreciated, Thanks.
--
Steve Shuff.
20221112_172308.jpg

Larry Baker

Nov 12, 2022, 1:30:46 PM11/12/22
to steves...@gmail.com, 'jona...@ntu.edu.sg' via Earthworm Community Forum, Larry Baker
Steve,

One thing I recommend is always do a make clean_unix and a make clean_bin_unix first.

As far as this error, be sure to define GLOBALFLAGS in a single line in ew_linux.bash:

export GLOBALFLAGS="-fno-stack-protector -Dlinux -D__i386 -D_LINUX -D_INTEL -D_USE_SCHED -D_USE_PTHREADS -D_USE_TERMIOS -I${EW_HOME}/${EW_VERSION}/include"

On the web page, it shows up as two lines.  If you cut-and-paste from there, it will not work.

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/earthworm_forum/CADNpUBGo%3D1cRK7n3wQiZaXEJBFjd-njAmb_djrnNd4g8krPFhw%40mail.gmail.com.
<20221112_172308.jpg>

Larry Baker

Nov 13, 2022, 1:54:18 PM11/13/22
to Steve Shuff, 'jona...@ntu.edu.sg' via Earthworm Community Forum, Larry Baker
Read the Earthworm Forum topic from Mario Rodríguez Marín dated Jul 28, 2018, 12:50:58 PM that Earthworm fails to build on a Raspberry Pi,
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/earthworm_forum/fOt7f5yiDv4.  El Berto provided a link to his modified Earthworm-7.7 source tarball.  Try that.

I added ARM processor support to Earthworm-7.10 in Earthworm TRAC ticket no. 672 dated August 1, 2018.  Unfortunately, the historical Earthworm TRAC system seems to be gone now, so I can't point you to the patches I applied (r7545, r7546, r7547, and r7548).

On Nov 13, 2022, at 8:59:41AM, Steve Shuff <steves...@gmail.com> wrote:

OOPS,

Schoolboy error ! I missed out the - in " -fno-stack-protector"

So now I am getting past that part when compiling but now I get an error relating to "-m32" as shown in the screenshot attached.any help is much appreciated .

Thanks .

On Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 9:50 AM Steve Shuff <steves...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Larry,
Many thanks for your help,

I re-entered the statement as one line (not copied and pasted like had done before) and also did both make clean processes as you advised.
The error is still the same , I don't understand why as I am sure I have had this working some time in the past before migrating to EW 10.1 .
 I have attached my bash file in case anyone spots anything out of the ordinary.

The reason I am trying to get an older version up and running is that in EW 10.1 I can't get Trig2disk to work ,
Carlsta and Carlsub both seem to be functioning correctly and Trig 2 disk does write a Seisan file but there is no data in the file .
On opening the S file in Seisan a flat trace is observed and the file is only around 6Kb in size !!
The test files that came with Seisan all show up correctly.
This I think may be down to Tri2disk, but cant be sure .
Thanks again..

--
Steve Shuff.

--
Steve Shuff.
<20221113_162731.jpg>

El Berto

Dec 9, 2022, 5:12:22 AM12/9/22
to Earthworm Community Forum
I found a 7.10 Earthworm version on gitlab, I'm making some tests on PI400, it seems working.
Error "multiple definition of" looks solved.
I'll post PI3 working version asap.