Earthworm on raspberry pi 3

Sonia

Jun 7, 2022, 4:52:24 PMJun 7
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to install Earthworm 7.10.1 on a raspberry pi 3, I don't have any knowledge about this software but I need to use it for a student project, so I'm following this Earthworm installation guide even though it's not up to date.
I get two errors when running the "make unix" command:

make[2]: *** [makefile.unix:19 /home/pi/ew/earthworm_7.10/bin/stopmodule] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/pi/ew/earthworm_7.10/src/system_control/stopmodule’

make[1]: *** [makefile.unix:131 unix_modules] Error 2

make[2]:  Leaving directory ‘/home/pi/ew/earthworm_7.10/src/system_control’

make: *** [Makefile:124: unix_modules] Error 2

Even so, I have done all the other steps and when I have to execute the startstop command it does not recognize it, do you know what the problem could be?
And if you know another installation guide it would be great!

Bob Hammond

Jun 7, 2022, 5:11:44 PMJun 7
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Sonia, have you tried this?  (parts 1 & 2)

Bob

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/earthworm_forum/52ef9d00-4703-4901-85cf-ae12f0f6030an%40googlegroups.com.

El Berto

Jun 8, 2022, 3:45:45 AMJun 8
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Sonia, could you post full makefile output?
Have you made "make clean_bin_unix" and "make clean_unix" before?
On Pi 3 I only got troubles about -m32 and -m64 flags....

Sonia

Jul 2, 2022, 6:24:38 AMJul 2
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Berto, I don't know how to see my full makefile output.
I have made both cleans before. I was trying on Pi 3 also, with Raspberry Pi OS (32 bits), in the file ew_linux.bash I have changed the TARGET for "-fno-stack-protector" in order to not have the -m32 or -m64 flags.

Sonia

Jul 2, 2022, 6:24:38 AMJul 2
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Bob, yes I have also tried that tutorial, but it doesn't work for me either.

El Berto

Jul 4, 2022, 1:44:46 PMJul 4
to Earthworm Community Forum
I suppose there are some libraries missing.
Try this and post output:

cd src/system_control/stopmodule
 make -f makefile.unix clean
make -f makefile.unix

and post output.

In these days I'm busy, as soon as I come to office I'll take a look to my Pi.

El Berto

Jul 8, 2022, 9:53:31 AMJul 8
to Earthworm Community Forum
On my src/libsrc/makefile.unix:

QLIB_32_BITS

I left empty field (removed 32 value).

El Berto

Jul 8, 2022, 10:42:15 AMJul 8
to Earthworm Community Forum
Try this, that's my Pi3 runnung ew 7.10, just to create run/params run/tanks folders and update ~/.bashrc