Hiring Seismic Software Admin

Stefan Lisowski

Oct 21, 2023, 2:47:49 AM10/21/23
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Earthworm Folks -

ISTI is currently looking to fill the following position for a Seismic Software Administrator.

Job description

Instrumental Software Technologies, Inc. (ISTI) is a geophysical software company that began small, with a focus on academic research, and is now known for its expertise in seismology and nuclear physics. Our success has led to considerable growth; we now maintain offices in North America and Europe. Our clients include government agencies and some of the largest research institutions in the world.

ISTI’s subject matter expertise serves us well in the development of mission critical monitoring and analysis software packages for both seismology and radionuclides. We offer Nuclear Non-Proliferation, Monitoring, and Advanced Processing and Consulting Services around these disciplines.

ISTI’s mission is to be the premier provider of custom monitoring and scientific software solutions vital to the world’s safety by merging outstanding software engineering practices with cutting-edge scientific research. With a deep knowledge of both software and geoscience, we are dedicated to delivering reliable, innovative solutions to a global client base in industry, government, and academia.

ISTI seeks a Seismic System Administrator. Someone who can build a Linux system from scratch and deploy scientific seismic software on that system. Add seismic stations to data acquisition, and deploy configurations using Ansible and Gitlab repositories.

Job duties include working with:

  • Linux
  • Command-line Software Configuration and Deployment
  • Active Directory
  • Gitlab
  • SSL
  • VMWare
  • Python
  • Seismic Algorithms, Seismic Software
  • Time series/ waveform data

Required Qualifications:
Must have good interpersonal communication skills, be self-motivated and capable of problem-solving, both individually (unsupervised) and as a team member. Highly organized and strong attention to details and documentation.

  • Linux

Nice To Have Skills

  • Seismology training
  • Experience with Earthworm Software
  • Experience with SeisComP Software
  • Experience with AQMS Software
  • Experience with Seisan Software
  • Experience with Antelope Software
  • Python Programming
  • Shell Scripting
  • Postgres Database Administration
  • MySQL/MariaDB Database Administration
  • Knowledge of MiniSEED
  • Knowledge of StationXML
  • Ansible
  • Gitlab/Github/ Version Control Systems

Location

The candidate will preferably be located near Saratoga Springs, NY, although remote position will be considered. The position is preferred to be filled as a full-time employee with salary commensurate with experience. ISTI offers excellent health and retirement benefits.

To Apply

Please send a link to your resume via our contact form:

https://www.isti.com/contact

Don’t meet every single requirement? At ISTI we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in this job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this role.

Thank you for your time and interest!

Job Types: Full-time, Permanent

Salary: $45,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year

Benefits:

  • 401(k)
  • 401(k) matching
  • Dental insurance