New RSAM-SSAM App compatible with Ringserver / Earthworm

Julian Peña

Jan 19, 2023, 7:37:00 PM1/19/23
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi,

Just wanted to share with you a new RSAM-SSAM application compatible with EarthWorm via Ringserver.

Graphs can be made for very large periods of time as long as the wave server can handler the load. The application can connect to FDSN Dataselect, Seedlink and Winston servers.

This is pretty much a work in progress, so feedback is appreciated.

Julian.

Victor Preatoni

Jan 24, 2023, 9:57:14 AM1/24/23
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Julian,
thanks for sharing!. Seems more sophisticated than the Winston RSAM plot.

Just a question, we usually plot RSAM for different frequency bands (eg. 0.1-1Hz ; 2-5Hz; ...). Would your app allow to do that?.

Thanks,

Víctor

Julian Peña

Jan 25, 2023, 8:08:00 AM1/25/23
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Victor,

That's not  possible right now, however, what you describe is data pretty much already available within the ssam part, so I think it shouldn't be too difficult to add.

Would you mind sharing a couple of graphs of what you have right now?, I don't have access to a Winston server.

Julian Peña

Jan 25, 2023, 8:08:05 AM1/25/23
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Victor,

That's not  possible right now, however, what you describe is data pretty much already available within the ssam part, so I think it shouldn't be too difficult to add.

Would you mind sharing with me a couple of graphs of what you have right now?, I don't have access to a Winston server.

Victor Preatoni

Jan 25, 2023, 10:47:50 AM1/25/23
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Julian,
This is the kind of RSAM graphs we generate weekly to analyze volcano behavior. The first plot is last 15 days, with two datasets: unfiltered data, and filtered (1Hz to 5Hz) data.
The second plot is last 365 days, same unfiltered data and 1-5Hz filtered.

Do you think would be possible to adapt your module to this?. Maybe the SSAM computation for 365 days will be very heavy...

rsam.jpeg

Julian Peña

Jan 25, 2023, 8:08:07 PM1/25/23
to Earthworm Community Forum
I think something like that is possible starting from the already generated ssam data, let me think about it.

Regarding the ssam graph for 1 year, that was actually my use case!,  you can see a 1 year graph on the repo readme, it took my laptop about 5 minutes to make that graph.

I have generated graphs for much larger periods of time ... BUT, if your datasource is a Winston server then please be cautious, I don't think Winston can handle that kind of loads. Unless you have a very good wave server (FDSN or SeedLink), don't try this on a production machine, instead, you can set up a separate FDSN dataselect server such as this one and use it to generate graphs as large as you want.

Victor Preatoni

Jan 27, 2023, 8:32:34 AM1/27/23
to Earthworm Community Forum
Great, thanks!
Let me know if I can help testing something.
By the way, are you currently working at the SGC?

Thanks
Victor

Julian Peña

Jan 29, 2023, 8:09:08 PM1/29/23
to Earthworm Community Forum
Sure, no problem.

Used to work there, I'm actually open to work.

Julian.