Response files

AAbrego

Feb 19, 2021, 2:08:58 PMFeb 19
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com

Hello there:

I´m trying to generate the responses for my ETNA2 and OBSIDIAN accelerograph. I know these equipment are 2.5V and 5.0v Full scale, but not sure if the internal triaxial episensor are single-ended or differential so I can assign the right sensor model and correct Full Scale Voltage input required.

Regards,

Antonio

Antonio A. Abrego M.

Ingeniero Civil

Equipo de Ingeniería Geotécnica

División de Ingeniería

Tel. 276-1989

E-Mail: aab...@pancanal.com

El Berto

May 6, 2021, 4:40:58 PMMay 6
to Earthworm Community Forum
The only way to know this is open Etna, remove accelerometer and take a look according to Etna user manual (accelerometer section).
I got Etna with specific configuration found on its interface (accelerometer fullscale) and I got strange results compared to near instrument, one day I discovered acceleration values were twice than others due to jumper settings on internal Episensor.
I don't understand why I can set sensor configuration in software but the only way to be sure is check jumpers on sensor (don't worry, it's quite simple to remove).