slink2ew

Michael Roth

Mar 5, 2024, 3:41:48 AMMar 5
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hello
I am wondering how to setup seedlink data import to EW from multiple seedlink servers.
Is it necessary to run several seedlink2ew instances, or is it possible to specify multiple seedlink servers in the same seedlink2ew.d file?

Cheers,
Michael

El Berto

Mar 5, 2024, 4:45:47 AMMar 5
to Earthworm Community Forum
One server only for every slink2ew.d

Jonathan Weiss - NOAA Federal

Mar 5, 2024, 5:43:52 AMMar 5
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Michael,

At PTWC we run MANY instances of slink2ew (e.g., tens of separate slink2ew's) on our systems each with a unique name, SLhost, SLport, etc. and pass all of the associated messages to an SCNL_RING prior to additional processing. I believe this is the correctly/only way to do it.

Cheers,
Jonathan Weiss
NOAA/NWS/Pacific Tsunami Warning Center

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/earthworm_forum/466f6dfe-77e4-4249-8a1a-e5a14c3cdf52n%40googlegroups.com.

Michael Roth

Mar 5, 2024, 5:47:39 AMMar 5
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for your answers and tips!!

Cheers,
Michael
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/earthworm_forum/CAJmszxpf-shsjyFGjdkewNUAT6_BrG16fibtx7VZYEKiCjWOhQ%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Michael Roth
Kungsängsgatan 57D

Victor Preatoni

Mar 5, 2024, 10:13:25 AMMar 5
to Earthworm Community Forum
You will also need to define a new module ID for each slink2ew instance in your earthworm.d file.
Eg.:
 Module   MOD_SLINK2EW_xxx      255
 Module   MOD_SLINK2EW_yyy      254
 Module   MOD_SLINK2EW_zzz      253
 Module   MOD_SLINK2EW_www      252
 Module   MOD_SLINK2EW_vvvv 251

Meremonte, Mark E

Mar 5, 2024, 3:10:19 PMMar 5
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Hi, just hanging on the coattails of this message.

Jonathan, is it better/more-efficient to have the numerous slink modules utilize a separate ring than for example the main WAVE_RING?    We did something similar (I believe) when we used condenselogo for K2 modules before additional Earthworm processing.

Thx & Best, Mark
Mark Meremonte    Geophysicist
Strong Motion Monitoring Program
Bureau of Reclamation | TSC | Seismology & Geomorphology Group

Mar 7, 2024, 10:58:49 AMMar 7
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Hi. We have a few wave rings for our many ew2slink imports for different geographic regions and different components (i.e., vertical and horizontal). I'm not sure how much better or efficient this is but it probably depends on the size of your monitoring network  (# of stations and geographic extent). Does that make sense? Jonathan

Meremonte, Mark E

Mar 7, 2024, 11:16:26 AMMar 7
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Thx a bundle Jonathan

Mark Meremonte    Geophysicist
Strong Motion Monitoring Program
Bureau of Reclamation | TSC | Seismology & Geomorphology Group

Mar 17, 2024, 8:00:16 PMMar 17
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
You can also have a dedicated SeedLink server (ringserver) that receives from all SeedLink stations and then import from this single server into EW via slink2ew.

For this to work you will need an instance of slink2dali per seedlink digitizer importing into ringserver, and a single instance of slink2ew for importing from ringserver into EW.