📜 EwA Week Recap: Eastern Milksnake, Bird Migration, Fells Forest Explorations & More...

Claire O'Neill

May 23, 2021, 1:41:47 PM5/23/21
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group

Here's the recap of another busy week at EwA and a few highlights of what's coming...

📸  There are so many wonderful records this week again. Here is one favorite: an Eastern milksnake surprised us during our Fells Nature Documentation event yesterday - record here from Ronnie.

📊  Thanks to all for incredible biodiversity records this week! 607 observations total over 299 species! Curious about the records that have been validated by the iNat community so far? > here.

Running tally: To date, we recorded 67,423 observations of 6,188 distinct species! Check our EwA umbrella project and see the details per site/observer & more... > here

EwA Blog: Don't miss Mina's post about our May Forest Exploration > "This month’s Forest Exploration was one of my favorites to date. May’s peak migratory period provided us the perfect opportunity to focus on birds and to freshen up on bird watching etiquette. We also enjoyed spring’s early flowers including bloodroot and wood anemone. You can read more about our sightings and check out photos from the walk in my monthly blog post." – Mina

📅  EwA Field Events » Space is limited and it's a good thing: we enjoy nature together while minimizing disturbance on the wildlife and flora of our loved green spaces which are under increasing human-induced stress. We are asking our audience to follow a Register-and-commit (or cancel when you know you can't come) so that we avoid wasting the generously donated time of our naturalists [ Events details & registration ]

EwA Fieldwork (& Resources)

We are monitoring weekly at all sites now (including scouting Horn Pond to set phenology and entomology survey sites). Our biodiversity and habitat documentation fieldwork is also as healthy as ever thanks to our group of core citizen scientists who simply rock!

🗺 EwA Sites Map | Site Protocols and Guides - Field Rosters - Field Notes > All here! | ℹ️  More About EwA Citizen Science Program » here

To all of you: Stay healthy!

Any questions❓ Don't be shy. Just email me or reply to this thread.

Thanks and have a great week! - Claire

🧡  Make an impact - Help our #ScienceForAll program.

Become an EwA Ambassador today! » https://www.earthwiseaware.org/donate/

Photo: Eastern milksnake (Lampropeltis triangulum) | iNaturalist record © Ronnie Konick