🌳 Keeping the Fells Whole (The 2021 EwA Habitat Fragmentation Report is out!)

Claire O'Neill

Feb 15, 2022, 9:37:54 AM2/15/22
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group, EwA CitSci Forum

Today is the day! We are proud to release EwA's first official (Fells) Habitat Fragmentation Report > here.  This is an important conservation project which aims to provide a picture of human impacts on the Middlesex Fells so that its recreational and aesthetic value can be properly balanced against the ecological needs of its many non-human residents. The direct stakeholders are the Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR), the Friends of the Middlesex Fells Reservation (FOF), and any organization/community vested in the health of urban parks and reservations.

This report serves as a roadmap for the EwA Habitat Fragmentation Project, from its inception to current progress, upcoming analysis and plans for action. It is an interactive report that invites you to explore the various layers of data (through maps) that EwA and its great team of citizen scientists have documented this past year. We’re also very proud of the report itself!

Quick Note: This year, we're reporting differently. Instead of the usual comprehensive/large report (which details our yearly Conservation Highlights), we will be publishing conservation digests focusing on our individual projects. The first ones were EwA’s 2021 Vernal Pool Report, followed by the 2021 Conservation Highlights, the 2021 Biodiversity Digest, as well as a live 2021 Data Companion. Next are the 2021 Arthropod Digest, and the 2021 Phenology Digest. Throughout the winter months, keep an eye on the EwA Conservation Reports portal > here. And see EwA's digests as we release them.

Enjoy this year's EwA Habitat Fragmentation Report Join our effort!

Nature Conservation as a Way Of Life

www.earthwiseaware.org | EwA Newsletter Signup »

🧡 Become an EwA #ScienceForAll Ambassador » Donate