Recap: This Week's EwA Insect & Plant Surveys (Fells, Habitat & Fresh Pond)

Claire O'Neill

Oct 25, 2019, 8:48:55 PM10/25/19
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group

Events > Pollinator (& Insects) Survey + Plant & Wildlife Monitoring (Locations: Winchester, Medford, Cambridge, and Belmont)

📸 Our favorite observations of the week > a Wood frog at the Fells and a Chinese mantis at Fresh Pond

In brief...

The meadows are still active so we went to photo-document survey one more time for arthropods at all sites.

We are in full "Fall mode", that is we now record weekly the seasonal changes on the fauna and flora (leaf color, flowers, and fruits, etc.) at our Fells sites. Fall is moving rapidly and there is so much to record! Our site maples and tupelos are close to being bare (the leaves are gone). Sassafras are mid-way, and the oaks are starting to lose their leaves abundantly. Our black walnut has dropped its fruits... Check the EwA calendar and join one of our monitoring outings if you can.

Many of you helped this week and we thank you for that! Check our session logs, and survey info below.

This week, we surveyed the following locations:

ⓘ More About EwA Citizen Science Program » here

Any question❓ Don't be shy. Just email me or reply to this thread.

Thanks and Have a Great Weekend!, - Claire