📜 EwA Week Recap: Cuckoo Wasps and Bug Bonanza, Next EwA Nature Documentation Walk & more...

Claire O'Neill

Jun 13, 2021, 4:37:58 PM6/13/21
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group

Here's the recap of another busy week at EwA and a few highlights of what's coming...

📸  So many great sightings again this week. If we have to pick one, that'd be the observation of what we think is a member of cuckoo wasps by Joe at the Fells–such a mesmerizing color, isn't it!

📊 Thanks to all for great biodiversity records this week! - 793 observations total over 425 species. Our collective records show that it is 'bug' time (216 species recorded this past week)! Curious about this week's records that have been validated by the iNat community so far? > here.

Running tally: 🏆  To date, we recorded 69,325 observations of 6,278 distinct species! Check our EwA umbrella project and see the details per site/observer & more... > here

📅  EwA Coming Events

Field Events » Space is limited for all our field events. Wildlife ethics is important to us and we seek to avoid putting pressure on natural habitats that large gatherings unavoidably do. We are asking our audience to register-and-commit to avoid no-shows (or cancel when you know you can't come) [ Events details & registration ].

  • Fells Nature Documentation (June, 26th - 8:30 am | registration) » Learn how you can help the plants, the wildlife, and habitats of the Fells through EwA's participatory nature science program. No skills required other than a genuine interest in observing, learning and recording.

■ EwA Fieldwork (& Resources)

We are monitoring weekly at all sites now (including scouting Horn Pond to set phenology and entomology survey sites). Our biodiversity and habitat documentation fieldwork is also as healthy as ever thanks to our group of core citizen scientists who simply rock!

🗺️  EwA Sites Map | 🌱  Site Protocols and Guides - Field Rosters - Field Notes > All here! | ℹ️  More About EwA Citizen Science Program » here

Any questions❓ Don't be shy. Just email me or reply to this thread.

Thanks and Have a great week! - Claire

🧡  Make an impact - Help our #ScienceForAll program.

Become an EwA Ambassador today! » https://www.earthwiseaware.org/donate/

Pic: Likely a member of Cuckoo Wasps (Family Chrysididae)iNaturalist record © Joe MacIndewar